DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My new Sport with first additions incl. pics

4K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  BlackCattle 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I picked up my truck last week, I really appreciate all the info available on the site, I searched around different forums and this one clearly is the best. My first brand new truck was a 1997 F-150 XL 4x4 and I was pretty young and couldn't afford to do much to it and was hard to justify later doing things to it with all the other expenses of having a family. Well I am a touch older now and was ready for a new truck, this time I am making sure I do it all right from the start. The dealer I got it from (Haley's Dodge in Whiterock) was awesome and besides getting a smokin deal to start with was able to include a bunch of upgrades in the financing so it hurts a lot less.

It is a 2010 1500 sport, pretty much the full load options wise with leather sunroof, entertainment packages etc... Just got a readlift 2.5"front/1.5" rear levelling kit, I wanted to keep a bit of the rake with some extra height in the back. I haven't decided on rims yet and actually don't mind the stock aluminum 20"x9" rims for now. Installed 295/65/r20 Nitto Trail Grapplers too. I was going to go with the 35x12.5/r20 but they are probably a touch wide.

295/65/r20 are actually 35.5 x 12 diameter and the 35x12 are actually over 13' wide which was going to cause rubbing issues. With the stock rim, I actually had to put in 1/4" wheel spacers so whatever rims I end up with should probably be a 0 offset.

Still on the todo list and parts on order are:
Ram Air hood or R/T hood
Matte Black rims
AFE CAI and throttle body spacer
Bushwhacker extend-a-fender
Spray-in bedliner
Tonneau cover
locking gas cover

here are some pics sitting in my driveway.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Nice truck. We won't hold the Found On Road Dead against you, now that you have a real truck. :D

Keep us posted on how the modding goes and of course pics are always welcome.

#4 ·
Very nice truck and the fastest color, too, thanks for sharing the pics! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your mods, so be sure to keep us posted! :smileup:

- Cajun

#11 ·
Well I don't have a lot of time on them yet but my first impressions are that they are really quiet, I was only able to get up to 110km/hr and barely heard them. You definitely feel the tread though, especially at low speed. Not sure how accurate the fuel economy feature is but seem to be getting 3L/100 worse after putting them on. I also have a 3.92 gear ratio which helps turn the bigger tires. Really expensive tire, $30-$70 more per tire then other ones I was looking at.

I got mine through lowriders in Surrey, you might be able to find a better deal but was really impressed with their customer service and seems like they stand behind what they sell. At the very least, they're worth talking to.

#7 ·
nice looking truck!

Exco

#13 ·
:smileup:NIce man......................Very, very nice.:smileup:

#20 ·
congrats......got some meat on the sneakers.:Wow1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.