DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2009 Ram Center Console/Head Unit Removal

12K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  dkm112 
#1 ·
Next comes the center dash piece:

BOOM!:smileup:

Screw one behind cover on power inverter

Two and Three are under the little cover on the top of the dash.

Remove all screws, get ahold of the dash by the top and give it a nice tug... and presto. bezel removed.

Remove all these plugs and just set it to the side.

Remove the 4 screws and the new/old radio slides right out.

ISSUE NUMBER 1!!!!! You have to take a dremel to the dash to make any double din fit... its a pain but it has to be done. Just trim and fit until you are satisfied.

Make all the connections with the wires and plug in your wire harness.

This little thing makes it so you can play videos wile moving.

And to make your factory sirius work with any pioneer unit you need this and the Sirius sc-c1 to adapt it. both cost about $70 $140 total. Ebay and other sites have them cheaper but I decided to just buy them from the store.

Conveniently comes with 2 velcro strips to install... Installed right below the radio.

When it comes to installing ipod adapters or anything else dont even think for a second you can run it through an empty button/switch slot... they are circuit boards and cannot be messed with unless you know what your doing.

Put everything back together and your in business.

Hope this helps anyone out!!! let me know if you have any questions or requests.

See less See more
#7 ·
the EVIC does not show up with the station because it cant read the pioneer... it would be another like 300 to make the steering wheel controls and EVIC work the same

#8 ·
A little off topic for this thread, but I noticed what looks like an unused wiring harness plugged into an empty terminal behind the 'RAM' switch plate blank. If you take a look at the first picture, you'll see the 'RAM' switch plate blank I'm talking about (below HVAC controls). Then take a look at the fifth picture and you'll see a wiring harness with red and white wires plug into that blank. Then take a look at picture 13 and you'll notice the empty terminal attached to the back of the 'RAM' switch plate blank into which the mystery wiring harness was attached.

Anyone know what the mystery wiring harness attached to the back of the 'RAM' switch plate blank controls (if you had that option installed)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.