DODGE RAM FORUM banner

new PB 12.38 @ 109.81

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  DAYTONA81 
#1 ·
went to the track yesterday for all truck drag racing and got a new personal best with a couple of new track mods... someone took a vid of my runs and posted it (mine is the first run in vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMyhyzG5Wd8

#5 ·
i was runnin a 125 shot that day...before I ramp up to 150 I want to address the suspension setup which worked great while I was running on motor but I was not hookin for diddly squat yesterday...once that is taken care of I think I'll drop a couple tenths immediately..

#7 ·
#8 ·
I've had the nitrous installed for a few months and this past weekend is the very first time I've used it..

#13 ·
I just went to Tap Plastics and got a sheet of black plastic/plexiglas and used a jigsaw to cutout the shape

#12 ·
thanks Daniel, now i gotta tweak out my suspesion to hook better, i was spinnin with both the dr's and slicks...

#15 · (Edited)
What does covering the grill with Plexiglas do for speed? Does it reduce drag? How do you cool the radiator? Does the efan keep it cool enough?

#16 ·
here are pics...this is strictly a track only mod because of heat, covering the grill eliminates the 'parachute' effect thus help in increasing mph times at the track...

Ray, my initial idea was to drill holes where all the holes of the grill would have been, but it was too labor intensive to switch them out so I just used the 3 center holes for mounting using 1.25" length bolts, fender washers, rubber furniture feet (to use as a soft washer under fender washer)...and also used clips that attach to grill shell that acts as nuts for the bolts..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.