DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2010 1500 leveling kit???

807 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  brandonjansen 
#1 ·
Hello everyone this is my first post and first Ram. I just put a leveling kit in my truck and I was wondering everyone was using? I used the performance spacer and I have to say I'm not impressed. I lost a ton of shock travel. The height is great and the ride is stiff but I am concerned about the shock travel? what kit is everyone using and what kit is the best? thanks scott.

#2 ·
Hello and welcome! A lot of us (Me included) are actually using Bilsten 5100 Adjustable shocks. They raise the front of the truck up 2.8 inches. They definitely cost more but are an upgrade to the stock shocks. I have mine set at 2.8 inches and couldn't be happier. Just my 2 cents.

#5 ·
If you leave the shocks at the stock height setting (0") you can use them with your spacer. But I don't really see the point in doing that. You'd be much better off removing your spacer completely and running the Bilsteins at either 2.1" or 2.8" to level your truck. It's a much better way of leveling IMO and doesn't screw around with things like spacers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.