DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Oh shoot handles breaking on 06 2500

829 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  CdnoilRAM 
#1 ·
I cant tell you how much I love my truck. It is just the fact the both my oh shoot handles have broken off. They are just crappy little plastic attachments. Anyone else having them break off. Heck my wife broke the passanger side off and she is tiny. How do I fix this. I dont want to just buy new ones cause I can see this happening all the time. you would think they would be attached a little better. Any how thanks in advance. :smileup: Cummins rocks.

#2 ·
I've never really heard of that happening! I honestly don't know what to tell ya. Were they screwed into the pillar? Or along the roof? Were they even screwed in? Lol

#3 ·
Can't say I've ever heard of that happening. It would probably be easier if you started driving better... then the wife wouldn't need the Oh S*** handles:thk: But i hink it would be easier to buy new ones and make sure the bolt holes aren't stripped. if they are, throw some teflon around the bolt and see if that'll hold.

#7 ·
They screw into the sides that hold the windshield. Sorry dont know what it is called. Anyhow the screws did not come off. The little cheap plastic brackets broke off. The bracket is still screwed into the sides. I can see it happening over and over again when people pull them selfs up into the truck. Dont want to use the same cheap plastic attachment. I will take some pics and try to get them on here. May be one of you guys are better and ******* engineering than I to figure a strong secure way to reattach them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.