DODGE RAM FORUM banner

programmer ?

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  SouthernRam 
#1 ·
i have an 08 with the 4.7 liter flex fuel and am wondering if under normal driving and or light towing is there really any difference in feel with the tuner or would i be better off improving air flow with a cai and catback exhaust ? any comments appreciated.

#2 ·
A tuner on the 2008+ 4.7L gives a tremendous power increase. On 93 octane it's nearly 70hp and 70lb ft MAX gain.

I'd go with the superchips. I've tried the superchips and the diablo(with a custom tune) and liked the superchips better.

#9 ·
is there a programmer for the 2011 4.7
currently the diablosport and bullydog's are only compatible with the 5.7l hemi's for the 2011's and i am not aware of any other manufacturers that have tunes for the 2011+ Rams

#10 ·
yeah, I have a Superchips Flashpaq 3865 on my 2008 4.7l. I live in Cali, and all i can get is 91 octane. I used the 91 performance tune and the truck feels like a hemi. I actuall draged against my buddies 2006 hemi and we were dead even. I'm on 37"tires and 4.56 gears and CAI. He is bone stock hemi.

#12 ·
09 4.7 Airaid CAI and Superchip tuner. 91 octane really boosts power and shift points but will cost a little on fuel economy. I usually stay on stock tune unless I want to play or tow something. With CAI and stock tune I can get 22mpg according to dash computer. Would like to see what the 93 octane tune will do but cant find 93 fuel here.
Never could get the Airraid box to seal properly and it made God awful noise until I fabricated a lid for it. Now it sounds like a big ole 4barrel when you get into it.

#13 ·
I(and most people) get the best fuel economy with the performance tunes. I get about 16/17 city depending on conditions and 20+ hwy. I have gotten 22.5mpg avg on a hwy trip at like 65mph. I'd say 20mpg is easy though. I also have a quad cab and heavy AT tires on aftermarket wheels.

#16 ·
^yes the superchips tunes are the best for the 08+ 4.7 from my experience. I have tried superchips canned tunes, diablo canned tunes, and a diablo custom tune, and I went back to the superchips(the custom tune was ~ equal from what I could tell).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.