DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dealership and tire installation...

691 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Turbovsix 
#1 ·
Guys -

I was checking out another thread in the 2010 forum about a horror story :bur2:involving rim damage after a botched tire installation and it got me thinking -will a Chrysler dealership install tires if they are purchased elsewhere or will they require that you buy the tires there as welll?

My experience has been that dealerships are way overpriced on tires. But given the issues with other garages (like Firestone, STS, etc) not having the right equipment to mount tires on the 20" clad wheels, I am figuring that I'll leave tire removal/installation to my dealer for the foreseeable future.

Also, will they install a tire if it happens to be a brand that they sell but isn't purchased there?

Thanks in advance -

#3 ·
Thanks RamTech -

That's good to know. I'll double check with my dealership but it's good to know I can shop around for tires and have them installed at the dealership. After what I've been reading, I just don't trust places like Firestone, Goodyear, STS, etc to do it the right way and have the right equip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.