DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What to do

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  LonghornRam12 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 and I am thinking about lifting it....Any suggestions or advise?....And how much of a difference in MPG will I be looking at once there is a 6in lift and bigger tires on my rig?
I love the way my RAM drives stock and I hate to think I am going to bounce all over the road if I lift it up.

HELP! What should I do?....

#4 ·
My Kid added a lift to our 05 2500,, me,,, the truck rides hard and bounces all over the place,,, I believe in only stock

#6 ·
research, research.... if you want to lift for off road use, decide how high you need to lift to traverse the trails you will be on. fid out what lifts will give you a near stock ride. no around lower mpg with larger tires and a lift. also make sure you have the right gearing for the lift and tires.

#8 ·
A body lift is just to give more room for the tires in the fender wells.

Even a 'real lift' isn't a real lift. The height of the tire/wheel combo is where you get your real lift. the suspension and body lifts are to give you room for those tall wheel/tires and for articulation/ travel.

#10 ·
Im trying to figure out the same thing for my truck. I had a 06 f-150 with 8" lift and 37s and it was rough and mpg was terrible.(probably cause it was a ford) Ive seen alot of trucks on here that are just leveled out with 33s or small lifts like a 4" with 35s. Check em out mpg and ride wouldnt be as bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.