DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tire size question.

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  LowUFO 
#1 ·
Im buying new tires in a couple weeks. I have a 98 1500 4x4 with a 3" leveling kit. Im trying to figure out the biggest tire size I can go, I would like 35's, or 33's if they will fit.

#3 ·
Need more info. Wheel size and offset? Without knowing this info, you should be fine w 33s but 35s will depend on how wide your wheels are and how far out they will sit...

#5 ·
No worries. I think you need to stick to 33s for a couple reasons. One, putting 35s on a 7" wide rim can be done. But most reputable shops don't like to do it. Two, 35s on that same size rim will feel horrible at highway speed because of the extra flex in the sidewall. Three, they will rub at full lock. Stick to a 33x 10.5 and you shouldn't have any rubbing. If you go to a 11.50 inch wide tire on that same rim, you might rub at full lock or while flexed. But not enough to really worry about.
At the end of the day, there are a ton of different opinions on what rubs and what doesn't and at least as many variables to consider. But when spending money, err on the side of caution and worse comes to worst, you might have to sell them and buy slightly smaller. Not the end of the world. Just annoying.

#10 ·
So a 33 x 12 basically. And you get a little rub? So a 295 x 75 would have been half inch narrower and still would have been a 33. That would have given you a quarter inch more room on the inside. Lets see those pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.