DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New Mod thought.. CB radio?

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  michael99 
#1 ·
i been wantin a cb radio to install in my truck..
alot of ppl do it here, and it is so awesome,
im gonna get one soon.

any one have any tips on what to get?
what brand?

#8 ·
Cobra for the CB
Francis or Wilson for the antennae
You also should pick up a swr meter at radio shack (like 10 bucks) so you can get her tuned just right

G
#11 ·
The remote mic is just a microphone with all controls for the box included with it. So to change freqs, dial up volume, etc...are all controls found on the microphone vs. having to tune this stuff from the box.

#12 ·
i hate to burts the bubble of the cobra fans but if u take them apart they have Uniden Cb parts in them the cobras are nice but if u want to have your cb radio peeked and tweeked go Uniden. Uniden brand Cbs mother boards are stronger then the cobra so they can be peeked higher and last longer. I Have the Uniden PC68 Elite, A Cobra 19 ltd, A Cobra 29, and A Cobra 40. all have bin peeked and tweeked. the Cobra 19 ltd dose 17 watts, Cobra 29 dose 17 watts, Cobra 40 17 watts, The Uniden Pushes 24 Watts.

The cobra 29 is the one u see most people buy but like i said if u take to a person who works at a cb shop they can tell you all this stuff about power and watts and also small antenna not a good idea if u are looking at them steal Wip is the best but Wilson 2000 is good, K40, or for a budget 5 /12 ft Fiberglass.

Also Undien makes a bigger cb radio then the Pc 68 and u can go even farther with that.

Now i had a bigger Final put in My Uniden yesterday and Now I am pushing over 30 Watts and i live in a mountian area i can talk over 50 mile just think what i can do if i get a Linear and super Modeg.

#13 ·
i hate to burts the bubble of the cobra fans but if u take them apart they have Uniden Cb parts in them the cobras are nice but if u want to have your cb radio peeked and tweeked go Uniden. Uniden brand Cbs mother boards are stronger then the cobra so they can be peeked higher and last longer. I Have the Uniden PC68 Elite, A Cobra 19 ltd, A Cobra 29, and A Cobra 40. all have bin peeked and tweeked. the Cobra 19 ltd dose 17 watts, Cobra 29 dose 17 watts, Cobra 40 17 watts, The Uniden Pushes 24 Watts.

The cobra 29 is the one u see most people buy but like i said if u take to a person who works at a cb shop they can tell you all this stuff about power and watts and also small antenna not a good idea if u are looking at them steal Wip is the best but Wilson 2000 is good, K40, or for a budget 5 /12 ft Fiberglass. Two antennas together not a good idea unless u drive a Tractor Trailer The antennas will fight oneanother and you wont get out as-well even know it looks kool

Also Undien makes a bigger cb radio then the Pc 68 and u can go even farther with that.

Now i had a bigger Final put in My Uniden yesterday and Now I am pushing over 30 Watts and i live in a mountian area i can talk over 50 mile just think what i can do if i get a Linear and super Modeg.

Here are some links to the Radios im talking about

Undien http://www.premiere-electronics.net/store/pc68elite.html

Cobra 29 http://www.www.premiere-electronics.net/store/cobra29ltd.html

Cobra 19 http://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/cb_radio/3068.html

Cobra 40 http://www.spantechonline.com/elect...6xtr-neon-blue-light-p-1092.html?currency=USD

#17 ·
If I were you you I wold get a cobra 29 take it to a local CB shop and get it peaked and tuned. Pt a 10' whip on your truck and use a noise canceling mic. Tis setup will out talk most any thing around unless they have a kicker. A 29 peak and tuned will have abotu 35-40 watts deadkey and can swing 50+.

#18 · (Edited)
Oh yeah when you run your coax use at least 20' and dont let it coil, keep it as stright as possible with slight turns, no loops they will mess up your SWR's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.