DODGE RAM FORUM banner

True Dual Super 10 Mega Cab

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  rking6 
#1 ·
I have a 6" lift and 35" toyos on my Mega but want it to be louder. This is what i was thinking for a new exhaust.

True dual Flowmaster Super 10 mufflers 2.5" in and out, remove stock Y pipe and put in Magnaflow X pipe 2.25" in and out, take out resonators and put straight pipe in its place, and maybe 4" tips.

The truck is a 2006, so is there just one rear resonator and one between Y pipe and muffer or something like that? As far as cutouts go, i dont know much about them other than electrical are pretty expensive especially if i need two of them. If I use any it might be manual. So i would have to go underneath and close it myself when I wanted to-again I dont know much about them.

Any advice on the setup and how much do you think this would cost parts+labor?
Thanks in advance

#4 ·
I was told 2.25" pipe to the X pipe would help keep some velocity. That size pipe would be ideal for the entire truck but it wouldnt fit the Super 10s

#6 ·
Hopefully it sounds good, might make a few tweaks depending on what the guys at the shop say. Ill probably take it to the performance shop that put on the lift and wheels rather than a local muffler shop.

#9 ·
High flow cats

Now I was thinking about replacing the stock cats and getting a couple Magnaflow High Flows, but are they really worth it for the price? Do they help with sound at all or do you just get an extra 5 hp with them? Another thing ive thought of is electric cutouts, they might just be too expensive on top of everything else.

#10 ·
I did mine the cheapest way, cut the whole thing off at the cab and added about a foot past the cab (for inspection here in VA). I know it's not ideal for performance, but I've got an 06 5.7L Mega with a 5" lift on 37s and haven't regeared her yet (not worried about going fast). Sound is awesome! I like 'em loud, but when you are just cruising it sounds stock.... when you lay on it she roars! I'm going to replace the Y-pipe soon though and do an X-pipe.

#11 ·
Anyway you could post a video? I would love to hear it. Also do our Mega's have two stock cats and two resonators? I guess ive never went under there to look

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.