DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mods Up to Now

106K views 1K replies 51 participants last post by  Johnmay 
#1 ·
OK so I have done a bunch of mod's and never really posted images of what has been done to the truck. So here is what has been done till now.

2012 Ram 1500 SXT trim, purchased 27 March 2012

Window in channel Deflectors, Mopar Mud Flaps, Full front and back with center Floor protectors, sheep skin seat covers, front only, should get the rear when they find a big enough sheep to cover the thing with lol

Chrome hood deflector, Stainless Bull Bar, PIAA 520 Driving Lights with 55Watt HID kit by Retro, Clear Headlight protection Film, HeadLight Hi/low HID 55watt kit by Retro

Stubby Antenna, love this thing, works great

Stainless Nerf Bars

Stailess Raptor Rails

Stainless Mopar Exhaust Tip

Encore Tonneau Cover

Reese Clamp on Aluminum Step

Mopar Tail Gait Electric lock, Tail gait anti-theft lock, EZ down Tail Gait Strut, Spare Tire Anti Theft, Mopar Reverse Sensor.

Locking Gas Aluminium Door

Ultra Wheels Nomad Aluminum Rims

Mods to come, Fender Flares "they are in the shop being painted the truck color", Mopar Remote Start and Cold air intake "on-order should be in soon", Dash Mat Ultra Dash protector "its in the mail",

Well thats it for now, should be undercoating her in the weeks to come, and also a rust inhibitor inside all panels doors and bed.

Till the next mods, Later Everyone, thanks for checking it out.

See less See more
#755 ·
I will try and capture them the best I can. without the lenses on they really had mean eyebrow look with the shape of the outer bezel. I will get some lenses because these came much better than I expected. I did have to do some extreme amounts of cutting the inner bezel to make the minis fit, such a small headlight.

I will say, the guys over at TRS truly are amazing. I work with Andrew from there on every purchase and he always comes through with the information requested. needless to say my whole setup is now from TRS, minis, bulbs, ballasts, and harness. I will refuse to buy anything hid related from anywhere else now thanks to the awesome customer service they provide.

#756 ·
Ya, I spoke to both Andrew and Zack, both really know there stuff. Excellent service, they messed up my shroud in my order, sent me the Gauntlet 2.0 instead of the Regular Gauntlet and they shipped out a new set free of charge to me right away, now I will need to make a project with these 2.0 units lol. The project will have to wait till I get those in, but for the rest it is going well. Really looking forward to sealing these back up and installing them on the truck. As for the pics of your work, no rush, just like to see your work and your projects. So when you get some time snap some pics for me to see. :smileup:

#762 ·
When you remove the light, there is a structural element that is diagonal, that element has a large hole in it that you can access another flat straight piece of fender support, I used double sided foam tape and a sheet metal screw and put it on that, placed all the extra wiring there also so it does not hinder the light unit. The revers light Ballasts are very small about 3" x 2" in x 1 in thick. Hope that helps?

#787 ·
Thanks man, tell you the 2 things that are the hardest, 1st its getting the shroud to fit straight on the projector, you got to be good with a dremel, grind a bit here, grind a bit there, cause if you glue them on and there not straight, its gonna show. 2nd is putting the lens back on without putting your fingers all over what you just cleaned not to have fingers all over and getting it to seal nice without scratching the lens or buggering it up, its not 2 bad but still you got to be careful and take your time so it fits back together, these are Chinese jobber headlamp units, probably way less good than the OEM's but rather do those than screw up mine. All In all I am pretty satisfied with the job, looking forward to installing them on the truck, but snow storm here right now, so will probably wait another day to get them on.

#806 ·
Put in my Amber LED's yesterday, wow, there 16 watts and super bright, I also have 27 watters coming in on Monday to put in my tails, there supposed to be amazingly bright, really hope they are. Will take some pics at night to show how they look this week

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.