DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Superchips flashpaq or jet perfomance module?

7K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  augiedoggy 
#1 ·
Which one would you say i should get? I really want a computer mod and i want to know if the Superchip Flashpaq mod is really worth the 300$ or is it a waste? all the reviews say its amazing

#6 ·
I have the Superchips Flashpag on both my trucks and love it. Don't known much about the Jet, just that everything I've read says its not worth the cost. The SCT is suppose to be good, except you have to take to a shop to have it programed. If you have one locally and they can program it for your truck. With the Superchips its ready, you just go on line for upgrades.

#7 ·
I have a 96 Ram 1500... i went to the superchips website and tried looking up a tuner for my truck but realized they only start at 98.. they dont go as far as 96. Now is there really that big of a difference b/w the models? I believe the stock horsepower is different but would it hurt putting on a tuner for say a 98 on a 96?

#10 ·
Talk to your local dyno tuner he will know best. Also I reccomend Getting a dyno tune not a preprogrammed chip he will be able to get the most power for the mods that you have added. That way you can go back to that dyno tuner if you add new mods in the future without having to buy a chip also. Just my .02

#16 ·
For the 94, you will have to get a replacement Mopar Performance computer. I have a MP comp on my 95. They are getting hard to find. I think that there was someone that reprogrammed the old computers but I can't remember who....If you are real ambitious you can slot your crank sensor bracket to be able to adjust your ignition timing...But there are a pain to get to!

#18 ·
jet does nothing after the first 200miles you drive once its installed the computer relearns to bypass all its changes and your right back to stock... sct is the best hands down but even with that dont expect much more than 4hp and 20lbs torque gains with the 93 octane setting (5.2L) and it wont really improve your mpg in most cases...
superchips does have some advantages and that is you can correct the speedo when larger tires are used on some model year rams...and you can mildly manipulate the way the tranny shifts...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.