DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bully dog gt!!!

5K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  moparmike07 
#1 ·
hey i jus got my new bully dog gt! but idk what key on power fuse is i need help! which fuse can i use for the tuner..

#2 ·
I just bought mine last thursday, I used the cigarette lighter, fuse #40. It is controlled by rolling the key to on. This was recommended by the manufacturer, originally I had it plugged in so it would never turn off automatically. I found its much more convenient to have it cycle with the truck than use the switch. I hope this helps.

#4 ·
what research did you guys do before you bought the bully dogs? believed in the marketing hype? didn't ask experienced users on the fast trucks here what they got?

#5 ·
ya man alwys ask and look on forums about stuff before you buy it just my input

#7 ·
I am currently running the 87 octane tune and its noticeably smoother between shifts and the acceleration is a lot better. Fuel economy is about as measly as before, but the power difference is noticeable. I like the ability to monitor 13 different things from a single device. but I'm a nerd like that I guess.

#8 ·
lol if you dont mind how much you spend on it like 300

#15 ·
..that's why when you do mods.. do the research, compare APPLES to APPLES...ask the people who actually USE the product... I love readin the truck mags but dang if i'm ever gonna FALL for the flashy ads in them...

#16 ·
I was more interested in monitoring the truck in a single unit than putting 5 gauges on my a pillar. It ended up being more cost effective and I got a tuner out of the deal. The watchdog is just the gauge component but for another hundred dollars I would get a tuner. I know its not the best tuner out there but I dont run on the strip, I do a lot of mudding and my engine and tranny have both overheated. Im trying to keep from damaging parts more than anything. Can I put an axillary e-fan? What would it do? My buddy has a powerstroke with one and it only comes on turning towing...

#17 ·
what are you runnin for a tstat? stock? change it to a 180 degree one... also, might consider changing the tranny cooler to the 2500 cooler (more rows)...I run an efan (from a Taurus) and when it's really hot out or takin a long trip I put the clutch fan back on and have both fans runnin..

#18 ·
I'm running the stock tstat but I want to put a 180 on it. Unfortunately, dodge said it messes with the warranty if the truck ever overheats. So I'm gonna run the stock one for now or they decide its OK. whats a 2500 cooler?

#21 ·
that's funny, you wanna put a cooler tstat in to keep engine cooler and they won't warranty that..your only helping it...

#22 ·
well you know how it goes. If its not done by a certified technician and manufactured by mopar, its not up to their standards. Personally, I think im every bit as qualified as some of the service people. but if my engine blows they are replacing it so its not really any skin off my back. except the inconvenience.

#25 ·
if it were me..i would run the 180 (an save the stocker)...if it overheats and your gonna take into dealer then just put the stocker back... but you have to be almost blind an deaf for the engine to freeze up due to overheating...there will be dash warnings and dings...

#28 ·
so beat the crap out of it and say idk what happened new motor please

#30 ·
for what you spent i mean like this you can get diablo or superchip lets say superchip for 200 then you can get the air fuel gague and all that for 200 that 400 or less if used i dont know you ge tmore power from superchip and diablo i say either way its a mod

#33 ·
ok you you can get the trinity to i mean ya led gauges but you can get a air fuel connected to laptop or w.e its your choice

there happy 3 words i changed it was a late night

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.