DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2014 Dodge Ram Coolant Problem

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  timberr 
#1 ·
hello I am new to this site and a new owner of a 2014 dodge ram bighorn 4x4, my vehicle has 6300kms on it and I am having issues with the coolant. Problem: back in October the vent and engine compartment smelt like road kill. took it back to the dealership they cleaned a/c unit and sent me home. Smell came back when engine heated up. took it back this time they had it for a week. said the checked under hood took apart the passenger side front wheel well area wiped it down. They the dealership in formed me that it most likely a dead animal stuck somewhere in the engine area and if they locate it the costs will be mine because they swore it was not the engine but would not give that to me in writing. So took truck to my personal garage checked for this so called dead animal nothing found. Thought that I would check the coolant level and once the cap was removed found that god awful smell. I contacted the dealership told them what I had located and wondered why the mechanic that worked on my truck never checked it. Truck taken back coolant flushed said problem solved. 2 hours later after I reclaimed my truck smell was back. So the truck still sits at the dealership. Does anyone experiences this issue with any Ram Products.

#2 ·
I think it's that HOAT antifreeze. Flush that crap out and replace with good old Prestone 150,000 mile antifreeze (For all vehicles) Dealer may tell you water pump will blow up, etc. Guess what, I took that crap out of both of my hemis when new! Always have run the Prestone 50/50. Now my Magnum has almost 300,000 miles, Ram almost 200,000 miles on Prestone , never a problem. And no stink. I change every 100,000 miles. Walmart sells it cheap.

#5 ·
2014 ram rotting meat smell

I have the same issue, 7500 km on the truck and I am unable to drive it because of the horrid rotting meat smell coming for the coolant overflow, I have taken it to the dealer where I purchased it, they know now what the problem is but dodge currently has no fix, so now I'm stuck with 50 k truck under 2 months old that I am unable to drive!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.