DODGE RAM FORUM banner

snrusnak mod thread

87K views 824 replies 45 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
Well I finally decided to make my mod thread. This will most likely be very slow going, but it will be nice to be able to look back in a year or so when I have everything done. My whole goal is to have a really sharp, clean looking white/black/chrome truck with decent performance all low budget. Another thing I'm trying to do is to pretty much keep all stock items, so the truck could easily be converted back to stock. Obviously everything won't work this way...

My truck is a 2010 ram 1500 quad cab 4.7L 2wd, 3.55 open differential. I bought it used with about 38,000 miles and already put over 10,000 miles on it in about 7 months agh I drive waaay too much lol. I can't even blame it on work or anything, I just simply drive alot...

The wife and myself the day I brought it home(was around superbowl time, GO PGH):

First mod was my superchips flashpaq 3865. All I can say is WOW, I can't even drive it without the tune anymore, it's a whole new truck. I bought direct from superchips and it was about $360.00.

Second mod was replacing the bald stock goodyears with these stock size 265 70 17 cooper zeon ltz's mounted on some american racing 9.5" wide wheels. They are teflon coated, pretty unique in my opinion. My dad gave them to me for free as payment for some work(he bought them used of his lawn guy or something like that). I love these tires, and wasn't crazy about the wheels at first, but you can't beat free haha! They've grown on me and I really like them now, especially with the chrome lug nuts and center caps. Even with the free wheels these tires ended costing me about $1,100.00 with the labor and lug kit, ouch!:

Third mod was adding these black powder coated go rhino dominator II step bars on. I really like the way they tie in more black and the stainless step pads match the chrome. I think I paid about $340.00 or so for these:

Fourth mod was the airaid dry drop in filter and MIT tube. I really like the dry filter because it's easy maintenance, you just wash with water and dish soap, let dry, then re install. I picked up the filter and tube for about $150.00:

Fifth "mod" was fixing the water leak at my 3rd brake light:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87346&highlight=brake+light

Also installed a Curt class IV hitch, very heavy duty....it was the same price as the class III. Can kind of see it in this crappy pic:

That's all I have as of now I think, at least all I have that is completed. Currently sitting in my garage ready to install is the following:

-Extra set of rear RT springs I need to cut to lower the rear about 1.5" or so
-Magnaflow Y pipe
-2011 large mud spats

Future mods are:
-Ram air tube to feed the airbox
-Modified TB
-Replace all exhaust bends with mandrel, install Y pipe, and new 14" magnaflow muffler.
-4.10 or maybe 4.56 gearing with LSD
-Possibly a high stall aftermarket converter(Edge or similar)
-Possibly mechanical fan delete
-Possibly 180 degree tstat
-Front window tint to match rears
-B pillar tape removal
-Debadge partially(flexfuel badge and SLT badge only)
-Shorty headers if ever available
-Tint tail lights
-Tint amber turn signal lens in headlights
-Possibly paint bumpers and grill white to color match truck
-Possibly powdercoat the wheels to match more closely the stepbars
-Install the in cabin filter
-Do the rear seat fold down mod
-Linex
-Soft bed cover

I think that's about all for my plan. I know you guys will get frustrated that I'm modding so slow haha but I just have alot going on with work, our house, and I also have a hobby in motorcycles so my time gets spread out. Hope it stays enjoyable :)

See less See more
#779 ·
nice been wanting to get the four door jeep

#780 ·
update on mine:

oh yeah my problem was the clock spring when I let the steering wheel turn to much when I took the shaft off.

just got a good deal on a hellwig rear sway bar will prob. try to put it on tomorrow.
also got my lc1 and wideband and have the ssi4 on the they way so I can data log because im running way too rich my tune is off but that means I should prob pick up about ten hp with Its corrected.

on the down side had someone try and break in my truck last week did the screwdriver to the key hole but guess my shock sensor went off when they hit it so so they didn't get in. it did messed up my handle and lock. so order jimmy jammers and lock plugs so they can do it again. along with motion sensor so it goes off before they get that far.

#781 ·
Glad you got it all figured out man. We personaly don't like the look of the 4 door wranglers, although they are practical. It just doesn't look like a wrangler to me, you know. We aren't having kids or anything so don't need a practical backseat. We are loving the wrangler so far. Gas mileage isn't bad on it, but it's weird that my ram gets better mpg lol seeing it's a lot heavier and bigger, bigger tires, etc.

#784 ·
Just for an update, I put just under 1000 lb in the truck the other day and filled the air bags to 20psi before hand and it basically didn't squat at all(not that I could tell, anyway....I didn't measure it). This is with the cut RT springs, too. It handled great basically no sway/bounce like you'd normally have. The air bags are well worth the money.

#792 ·
Redid my exhaust again and absolutely love it. Completely redone from the manifolds all the way back. No cats, 100% stainless steel, mandrel bent, O2 non foulers (hopefully will keep CEL off), 22" magnaflow 2 in to 1, stock tail pipe, stock hangers reused, and band clamped in a few spots so I can remove just one section to access the transmission and don't have to remove half of the exhaust.

The bad: I have a leak somewhere. We finished at about 3am so I didn't care that much but it's driving me crazy now lol. Gotta pin point where the leak is and patch it up, it's probably at one of the welds.

I'm extremely surprised how much sound the cats swallow up. This setup is about the same volume as my old one which was cats and a 14" muffler. This setup is slightly quieter accelerating but actually a little louder when cruising. I'm happy though that there is absolutely no drone. If it's a bit too much on the highway I'll just add another muffler or resonator on each of the duals before the current muffler to quiet it down a little. It sounds very good though, I'll get a video up sometime in the future.

I believe it pulls a little harder as well.

#794 ·
Looks good I need to get my exhaust put on I've been going back and forth on no cat vs. highflo cat

#795 ·
We also redid the whole exhaust on my buddy's z28 but forgot to take pics. We tucked it up a little closer to the floor boards after the headers, rebuild the crappy y pipe, deleted his aftermarket cat, reused his muffler and over the axle pipe, then redid his tips. Came out nice. Man is that car fast :) Here's a horrible video I took, very shaky, cell phone crap quality, and a cop drove by right when this happened so no loud acceleration lol.

#796 ·
icy, yeah I'm actually a pretty big supporter of running cats, but it was just a huge PITA to make it work out easily. I might actually add cats again at some point, but for now I'm really happy. This exhaust will last the life of the truck for sure. I can add/modify bits and pieces as needed.

#797 ·
I just added mini h1 projectors headlight on mine with 3k fogs behind the grill and I luv the projectors

#799 ·
Steve, his is a little different, he has the stock down pipes/cats but he hollowed them out with a pry bar. So his is 2.5" duals to cats then 2.25" duals to a single 3" I believe. Mine is 2.5" duals to 3" single. He is significantly faster than me though lol with the go fast goodies, smaller lighter truck, slicks, and nitrous :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.