DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cleaning Roof Liner

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  12sport 
#1 ·
I took the truck in to try and get the sunroof rattle fixed, and all the dealer managed to do was get grubby fingerprints and grease smudges all over the roof liner.

Part of me wants to go back and lose my mind on them and make them clean it -- but I also don't want a bigger mess, so I think I'll take this one on myself.

Any suggestions/products/techniques to get it cleaned up without making things worse? (It's the light grey/off white).

Thanks

#2 ·
I can see why you are a bit PO'd but here's a thought.
Take it back and ask the service manager to have the detailers take a minute to put it back nice. The guys who fix cars are not the same guys who prep the cars after the sale.
Every dealership has a team of guys that spit shine the cars while your in signing all the paperwork on a new car.
Smile - be friendly- let em know you almost went to another dealer but thought they'd want to make it right.
Buck says ...next time you go for service it will be done right.

#3 ·
the headliner is a difficult piece to clean yourself.

if youre not big on the dealer cleaning it, go to home depot or wallymart and pick up some folex. safe and non toxic cleaner and works great!

just be careful...too much scrubbing, or cleaner, and the glue will fail and the headliner will fall.

#5 ·
again, you could use a steamer (not a shampoo machine, but one that generates steam like a mccullogh from HD), but you have to be very careful that you don't overdo it or else the headliner will fall.

you could also try one of the OTC spray foam cleaners that dry to a crystal then vacuum up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.