DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Reprograming for better gas mileage

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Astartes 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the older model Ram trucks can be programed to get the 25 mpg that Dodge is selling on the new 2013 Ram? :thk:

#2 ·
Depends what you mean by old. I'm assuming a 4th gen still since that's what your profile shows you have. My guess would be no.... Yes a programmer will help get you better fuel economy but I don't know if it will bring it up to a 2013. There's more to fuel economy than just computer programming. It's the whole make up and flow of the engine as well.

These are just my thoughts though, someone else might be able to chime in with more information for you

#4 ·
Unfortunately no. The new (for ram) V6 pentastar engine paired with the also new 8-speed transmission is what Dodge is claiming 25mpg for. If you are looking for more mileage, there are a few things you can do but it won't be cheap and the gains won't be tremendous:

Programmer (fuel mapping)
Exhaust/intake (helps engine breathe better a.k.a. more efficiently)
Tonneu/bed cover (aerodynamics)
smaller wheels/tires (less rolling weight/mass)

#7 ·
I have a 13 hemi cc 4x4 and the mileage is no where near 25. I got better mileage from my 09 hemi with the 87 diablo tune and the MDS shut off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.