DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Few questions, RCX 6"

1K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
My name is Jake, i'm kinda new to the forum atmosphere. I've just got a few questions. I've got a 2008 ram 1500, 5.7l 4x4. Completely stock right now. When i get back from deployment, i'm gunna be dropping some money on her!
I'm interested in the RCX 6", and off their website, it claims with just the 6" i can run a 37x12.50 R20 with 5.5 BS. So, my question is, would i be able to run 37x12.50 R20, with -12mm offset or even -24mm offset 20x10 rim, with bilsteins maxed out in front, and a little spacer in back. Without trimming / Rubbing going on? I've tried to search for similar setups, but i cant find a for sure answer anywhere!

Next question is, What would my rake be like, without a spacer in the back? I dont mind the rear being a little higher. Would the bilsteins push the front up way higher than the rear?

Next question is, what's with these Kicker braces RC sells, anyone got a picture of them? Or feel they add any extra stability?

Thanks for your help guys!

Jake

#2 ·
Jake, welcome to the forum! :smileup:

To answer your question, 37's will fit as will -12/-24 offset especially when you add the Bilsteins.
Without the bilsteins having the -24 offset may or may not rub the plastic on the fender.
Wont know till it actually goes on, but it can be easily fixed with some trimming. That said, it again, may not require anything.
But if you are throwing on the Bilsteins, you will be more than likely fine

A few questions...
What is your current rake now?
This will determine if you need a spacer when you install the Bilsteins which I believe adds 2" for your year of ram.
Park your truck on a level ground and measure the fenders from ground to below the lip of it.

#3 ·
I wish i knew my rake! I'm currently over sea's, i'll be back in december. So, i have no idea what my rake is. Just doing some rough math, i'm guessing i'll need a small spacer in the back to even the rake out, but then again every ram is different, so i'm not sure. Also thanks for the information! I'm glad you responded, you're the main person i wanted to hear from! I tryed PM'ing you since you have alot of the same things i'm trying for, Need 25 posts tho!

#9 ·
hahaha....just post 'fastNugly, i got a question for you' :smileup:
order the rear spacer after you lift or once you know your rake.
When you're back, simply measure it and you'll get an idea.
Most lift kits eliminate 1" of rake, so factor that in.
But its always easy to add the coil spacer later than adjusting the front Bisteins

#10 ·
exactly what he said.
but 4th gens may be different. thats why i said to measure yours or wait till you are lifted.
1.5" rear coil spacer does give us 1" of rake when Bilsteins are set to max.
For me...at 2.1 (Bilsteins) ill get a 1" rake with the 1.5" rear coil spacer.

RCX is 1/2" taller than most non coilover kits out there

#6 · (Edited)
i ran a readylift 1.5" spacer in the back with the 6"rcx lift, and in the fron i ran a procomp 6" lift with a procomp adjustable shock up set to 2.75" without the preload strut spacers :) http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=122762 bunch of pics that show the little bit of rake real good, i have right at 1" of rake, i tried a 1"spacer and only had .5"rake if that and i didnt like that i wanted just a tad more so i went with the 1.5in spacer:) now i am having to find longer break lines becuase there is almost no play in the rear lines so no off roading right now, i did find a fix for the problem through http://www.rizeind.com/ they specialize in 8-12" lifts so i reached out to them and got a set of new break line that are for a 8-12" lift which should be perfect for me and i think they were 60$ or so plus the shipping :) hope all of this helps.

#17 ·
You'll need to get a rear add a leaf or use a block and longer u bolts u don't have coils in the rear sorry for giving u bad info I thought it was 08 when they started using coils in the back with was 09 I hope this clears up some confusion :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.