DODGE RAM FORUM banner

to hold out or not to hold out....

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Gonefishn1212 
#1 ·
well i been looking for a mineral gray or black 13 ram w/ the 8 peed& air ride...,NAV,convience group pkg, sunroof, heated seats and some stepbars....

well i found a black one with air ride and 8speed and NAV, but with out the conviennce pkg or sunroof or step bars.

should i pull the trigger

#2 ·
How much will you regret not having those things. To me you haven't found what you were looking for. If you are ok with Close enough then go for it, but what happens when you find "The One" and have this one?

#5 ·
I would wait mainly since you want the sunroof and convince package. Mine didn't come with step bars and it was ok since I wanted a set of N Fab steps anyway. Also you an buy step bars on Craigslist usually since a lot of people seem to take them off for others. A lot of my friends have the amp power steps and sold theirs on Craigslist. But the sunroof for me would be a deal breaker if I really wanted one.

#7 ·
Buy and own precisely what you want

IF you have the dispostion to be on a truck forum, then WAIT and get exactly what you want. YOUR money should buy you precisely what you want.
I'm waiting for the 8 spd trx to be in the Express or RT and I AINT gunna get the 6 spd. I have a few color choices, but I'm waiting.
Good things come to those who wait!!!

#9 ·
You can add the running boards aftermarket for less than the factory sticker price, and pick out the boards you want. So that is a non-issue.

Obviously you can never add the sunroof after the fact. Though, I'm not sure why anyone would ever want the sunroof. I have one in my Camaro, because the dealer found the car with everything I wanted, plus a sunroof. It was expensive, cuts down on head room, adds weight, and can only be a source of future problems. But if you really want one, there will never be an option, aftermarket or otherwise to add one (without completely de-valuing your truck).

The odds are very slim that you will ever be able to add the convenience package either. But in time, the aftermarket solutions will probably exist to cover some of the options. Adding this after the fact will cost more than the sticker price, and probably still not be the same.

Ultimately, you have to decide if it's what you want or not.

#10 ·
There was no settling on a truck for me. I'm paying good money for the truck, so I'm getting exactly what I want. There were other trucks on nearby dealers' lots that were close to what I wanted, but not nearly close enough to make me pull the trigger. Could I have gotten a little better deal by buying a truck that was already on the lot? Probably. But, I didn't want to find myself down the road saying "I wish my truck had this or that." The worst part of ordering my truck is obviously the wait. Not having the immediately gratification is tough, but it will be worth it in the long run. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.