DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2006 Mega Cab to 2006 Punisher Ram

32K views 142 replies 21 participants last post by  double0ram 
#1 ·
I had a mini-build thread in a different section, figured i'd start fresh, and put it all in one (and the right) place. All the stock pictures I have:

This is the only photo I currently have of the ram before mods began

2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 1500
5.7L HEMI
Infiniti sound system
Sunroof
power rear slider
overhead DVD building

See less See more
#120 ·
Nice what are they gonna look like

#122 ·
mhuahahahaha evil!!!! evil i tell ya!!!! but ok ok deal

#123 ·
Alright, so....I happened to have another idea for the badges. Should I stick with the Punisher logo or the Wounded Warrior Project logo? Most of the Wounded Warrior Project items are charcoal grey and black, so maybe it would fit?

I wouldn't get the lettering on the sheild, just the guy carrying the other guy.

#127 ·
Alright, it's been a while since i've been on. Work has me everywhere, and my laptop crashed (AGAIN), so my internet is semi limited.

I got my truck washed up the other day, since it hit 50 degrees here I figured I had to. I had the front windows tinted a while back, and just realized I never posted pics of it. They aren't dark, since I don't really care to be harrassed by the fuzz about it.

And later that night I went out, and parked in a parking garage, the clearence was rated at 7'.

#131 ·
you diffidently know how to do a truck right. btw the mod at the end is EPIC!

Thanks! I'm hoping to do more soon, but things have been hectic. I have just a few things left before i'm done with it.

#132 ·
Figured i'd throw an update here...

Things have slowed down a bit in the winter, as it's too damn cold and wet outside to get any ambition to do anything. I am planning on a dual exhaust soon, most likely Magnaflow 18. Also getting the rebadge finished, and I believe I am goind with the Wounded Warrior Project badges rather than the Punisher badges. The WWP is something I truly believe in, so I think my truck should reflect that as well. I am currently on a search to find a DSP for my truck as well, to ease the burden a bit at the pump. Many of these mods are coming up soon, and rest assured that pics will be posted as things are done.

Thanks everyone for the input on this thread, as it helps alot, and gives me alot of good ideas.

#134 ·
Just got a new addition today!!!!!

Diablosport Predator...87 octane tune installed, and now my truck tries to kill me everytime I drive it. Now I just have to do the following things SOON:

Tranny fluid change
Dual Exhaust
Tune up
Fuel Filter
Rebadge

#136 ·
They will come slowly but surely. However I have run into a small problem.

This isn't the DSP's fault, truck has been doing this for about a week now.
This only happens when I first drive the truck after it has come down to non-operational temp, pretty much the first time from my driveway the truck is going from 0-55. For some reason it kinda spits and sputters a bit, just like it doesn't want to go. This pretty much happens only when i'm driving normal, when I punch it and drive aggressive it doesn't seem to happen as much. Also, when it's real bad, the check engine light will flash on and off about 7 times, but won't stay on. Checked the error codes on the DSP today, and none are showing off the OBDII.

My first impression is that it's the fuel filter or something to do with the plugs or wires. But if a plug fouls, won't it throw a code? What do you guys think?

#138 ·
Well, it wasn't the DSP tune, truck starting doing this long before the tune. Just ran a live monitor on the DSP and the tuner came back with a code for a random misfire. Looks like, at sometime in my full schedule I have to try and change the plugs and wires.

#141 ·
A lot of people have been having issues with the 87 tune, but since your truck has been doing this before hand then no fault to the tune. Would though keep an eye on how the truck shifts. I ran the 87 tune on mine and the truck began shifting rough after a while and then put up a PO700 code. I had it checked and there wasn't any issues so I decided to do as much preventative maintenance on my transmission and am moving up to the 91 tune. Have heard a lot of good things with this tune. That little story/warning out of the way your truck is looking good and congrats on the DSP. DiabloSport really has there things together when it comes to their product (besides the 87 tune in my opinion lol). Can't wait to see more pics of your build as it goes on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.