DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How much did you pay for your 2014

103K views 348 replies 177 participants last post by  Danny73 
#1 ·
Posted this in the 2013 thread. Try to give as much details as possible, including rebates, whether price is before or after taxes, if a trade was involved, and so on. Seeing what others are paying for their trucks gives everyone a good idea of what kind of deals are possible. The 2013 thread was very helpful to me!

2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman Quad Cab 2WD, with the 3.6 V6, 8 speed auto, plus a few options. MSRP $32600...price paid before taxes and dealer doc. fee $26,500. This included a $1000 rebate that I think everyone qualifies for plus an additional $500 rebate. Was told by the sales manager that I paid $1000 below employee pricing , after the $1000 rebate was figured in. While only $6100 off you have to remember that it wasn't a very expensive truck to begin with (MSRP $32600) and it comes to a discount of 19%, which to me is the more important number than how many dollars you got off. Paying a little more for a 2014 was worth it for me.

#157 ·
Yep if everyone paid cash it would be easy to compare pricing, otherwise someone posting what discounts they got from the dealer isn't really providing the full picture. I got a little over 2% financing so to take the money out of one of my accounts made no sense...I make allot more than 2% on my money.

#159 · (Edited)
Sweet! My order is placed and now the wait begins! I started my negotiations last Saturday and wrapped them up this morning and my dealer placed the order over e-mail. I met him this evening and gave him my $300 deposit. Details of the deal are below for those that are interested. Obviously if the rebates increase between now and when I take delivery, I would pay less so here's to hoping! :)

US or Canadian: US
Zipcode of dealer: 78064 (Atascosa Dodge, Pleasanton, TX)
Purchase date: 10 January 2014

Vehicle Specs:
2014 Laramie Longhorn 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 w/6'4" Box
Monotone Maximum Steel Metallic
Canyon/Brown/Lt. Frost Beige (Non-Filigree)
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps
Convenience Group
3.92 Rear Axle
Protection Group
Trailer Tow Group
Air Suspension
RamBox
Anti-Spin
Power Sunroof
Single CD
Rear Window Defroster

MSRP = $56,880
Invoice = $51,836
Holdback = $1671
*Holdback is calculated by subtracting the destination charge ($1195) from the MSRP and the multiplying the result by 3% (0.03).

Price Paid = $49,665 (Includes Free Full Tank of Gas at delivery)

Rebates Used: Currently locked $1500 Consumer Cash, $1000 Ram Truck Bonus Cash, $1000 USAA
Price w/ Current Incentives: $46,165
Dealer Doc Fees:$125

#256 ·
Sweet! My order is placed and now the wait begins! I started my negotiations last Saturday and wrapped them up this morning and my dealer placed the order over e-mail. I met him this evening and gave him my $300 deposit. Details of the deal are below for those that are interested. Obviously if the rebates increase between now and when I take delivery, I would pay less so here's to hoping! :)

US or Canadian: US
Zipcode of dealer: 78064 (Atascosa Dodge, Pleasanton, TX)
Purchase date: 10 January 2014

MSRP = $56,880
Invoice = $51,836
Holdback = $1671
*Holdback is calculated by subtracting the destination charge ($1195) from the MSRP and the multiplying the result by 3% (0.03).

Price Paid = $49,665 (Includes Free Full Tank of Gas at delivery)

Rebates Used: Currently locked $1500 Consumer Cash, $1000 Ram Truck Bonus Cash, $1000 USAA
Price w/ Current Incentives: $46,165
Dealer Doc Fees:$125

Hi Blackhawk13,

I read with great interest all of the posts and advice you offered to others when you purchased your truck earlier this year. I have been researching and saving for the past year, and hope to place an order this week.

I am a member of USAA and so far, using their program seems to be the best pricing I am able to get. I have found a dealer that will give me invoice and 1/2 of the holdback, but no more.

I was very impressed that you were able to get all of the holdback, and then some. Would you mind sharing a copy of the email you used when you sent your initial inquiry to the 10 dealers in your area. I have tested the waters with 2 dealers that I'm not really interested in. I was using them as practice. I hope to send out a serious inquiry to 4 or 5 others dealers by email early this week, but I'm not sure how to craft my message. That's why I would really appreciate reading the message you sent.

Congratulations on your purchase, and thank you for any advice you can share.

Kind regards,
Tom

#167 ·
Copied the wrong amount for tax/reg. Post should be update to $4,868.75, or almost 10%. Breaks down like this:

Document processing fee $80
Sales Tax (8.75%) $4189.50
Electronic Vehicle Reg $15.50
Vehicle License Fee $311.00
Reg/Titing Fee $110
Calif. Tire fee $8.75
Calif. Weight Fee $154.00

#168 ·
Ram 1500 Sport

I don't think I got a bargain, but I don't think I got ripped off, either.
Selling Price - $100 over invoice with Costco Plan.
Paid USD $44,561 - $3000 incentive - $200 Costco Free Mopar Parts Certificate
Total Paid before Tax and Recording fees - $ 41,361 since everyone pays a
different tax, etc...

Pickup today 1/10/2014 Ordered on 11/20/2013, waited a little over seven weeks to be delivered to Arizona.
MSRP was USD$47,755
No Trade in

Build Sheet:
Model Year 2014
Body Model DS 6 S 41
Color PX8- Black Clear Coat

Sales Code Description

AJ Cloth Bucket Seats
X9 Black
ADAS Luxury Group
ADC Convenience Group
AGFP Comfort Group
AGGS Sport Group
AJB Remote Start and Security Group
APAS Monotone Paint
BADS 180 Amp Alternator
BCNS 730 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BNBS Electronic Stability Control
BRTS Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
CACP Bucket Seats
CADP High Back Seats
CBWS Highline Door Trim Panel
CGDS Front Height Adjust Shoulder Belts
CGSS Supplemental Side Air Bags
CG3S Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags
CJ1S Supplemental Frt Seat Side Air Bags
CJ2P Supp. Side Curtain Frt/Rr Air Bags
CKES Carpet Floor Covering
CLES Front & Rear Floor Mats
CMAP Heated Front Seats
CSPS Driver/Passenger Assist Handles
CSXP Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat
CUES Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
CUFP Full Length Floor Console
CVNP Folding Flat Load Floor Storage
CV2S Overhead Console w/Garage Dr Opener
C1HP Bright Rotary Shifter
DBAC All Automatic Transmissions
DFD 8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans (Buy)
DH8S Elec Shift On Demand Transfer Case
DJGS 215MM Front Axle
DMH 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
DRNS 235MM REAR AXLE
DSA Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
DS7S Conventional Differential Frt Axle
EZH 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
GACS Tinted Glass Windows
GBBS Tinted Windshield Glass
GFES Rear Power Sliding Window
GNCS Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors
GNMS Passenger Side Sun Visor w/Mirror
GNZP Auto Dim Exterior Mirrors
GN5S RR View Auto Dim Mirror w/Microphone
GT5S Power Heated Mirrors, Fold-Away
GVBC All Vehicles W/Power Mirrors
GXDP Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
GXMS Remote Keyless Entry with All-Secure
GXXS Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
GX4P Keyless Go
HAFS Air Cond ATC w/Dual Zone Control
HGBS Dash Liner Insulation
HGFS Floor Tunnel Insulation
JA6S Electroluminescent Instr Cluster
JCBS 120 MPH Primary Speedometer
JFJS Temperature & Compass Gauge
JHAS Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JHCP Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
JJBS Dual Note Electric Horns
JJJS 12V Auxiliary Power Outlet
JKVP 115V Auxiliary Power Outlet
JKYS Power Accessory Delay
JLAP NAV-Capable! See Dealer for Details
JLPP GPS Antenna Input
JNCS Instrument Panel Premium Bezel
JPBS Power Locks
JPWP Power Lumbar Adjust
JP3S Pwr Front Windows, 1-Touch,Up & Down
JRTP Power 10-Way Driver Seat
LAES Sport Tail Lamps
LAXS Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
LAZS Vehicle Information Center
LBCS Glove Box Lamp
LBDP Ash Tray Lamp
LCJS LED Interior Lighting
LDAS Underhood Lamp
LEBP Ext. Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals
LECP Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
LEPP Body Color Exterior Mirrors
LERP Power Folding Mirrors
LETS Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
LEUP Auto Dim Exterior Passenger Mirror
LHES Rear Dome w/On/Off Switch Lamp
LMGS Automatic Headlamps
LMMS Bi-Function Halogen Projector H/Lamp
LMSP Auto High Beam Headlamp Control
LNJS Fog Lamps
LPES Cargo and CHMSL Lamp
LSAP Security Alarm
MBPS Body Color Front Fascia
MBQS Body Color Rear Bumper w/Step Pads
MDAS Front License Plate Bracket
MDXP Active Grille Shutters
MENS Front Wheel Spats
MFNS Body Color Grille
MGAS Ram's Head Badge
MGB Sport Performance Hood
MHLS Rear Wheel Well Liners
MNKS Body Color Door Handles
MPPS Rear Wheel Spats
MP8P Delete Black-Out Tape
MRA Wheel to Wheel Side Steps
MS2S Ram 1500 Badge
MUSS 4X4 Badge
MW5P Hemi Badge
MXCS Front Bumper Sight Shields
NAS 50 State Emissions
NERS Dual Rear Exhaust w/Bright Tips
NFX 32 Gallon Fuel Tank
NHDP Heavy Duty Transmission Oil Cooler
NHJP Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element
NHMS Speed Control
NHNP Electronically Controlled Throttle
NHSP Heated Steering Wheel
NMCP Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
NZDP Next Generation Engine Controller
PX8 Black Clear Coat
QX8S Black Clear Coat
RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles
RA3S Uconnect 8.4A AM/FM/SXM/BT
RCGS 6 Speakers
RDDP Fixed Long Mast Antenna
RDZP Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Ctrls
RFLP 8.4" Touchscreen Display
RSDP SiriusXM Satellite Radio
RSFP Media Hub (SD, USB, Aux)
RSPP Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth
RSRP Roadside Assistance and 9-1-1 Call
RSUP Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices
RSXP Remote USB Port
RS1P Remote SD Card Slot
RS3S Remote USB Port - Charge Only
RS7P Uconnect Access
R03P All VP3 Radios
SBAS Power Rack and Pinion Steering
SCVS Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
SER Air Suspension, 4-Corner
SFBS Front Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
SGBS Rear Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
SHAS Front Stabilizer Bar
SHFS Rear Stabilizer Bar
SUAS Tilt Steering Column
TBMS Tire Carrier Winch
TBSS Full Size Temporary Use Spare Tire
TUBS P275/60R20 OWL All Season Tires
TZAP Goodyear Brand Tires
WLZC All Aluminum Wheels
WMJP Center Hub
WRFS 20X9.0 Polish/Painted Alum Wheels
W1AS 17" Steel Spare Wheel
XACS ParkView(TM) Rear Back-up Camera
XAG ParkSense FT/RR Park Assist System
XAPS Power Adjustable Pedals
XBMP Remote Start System
XBNP Tip Start
XBSS Pickup Box
XFH Class IV Receiver Hitch
XFKS 7 Pin Wiring Harness
XFUS Trailer Tow w/4-Pin Connector Wiring
XGDS Universal Garage Door Opener
XGMP Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
XHC Trailer Brake Control
XJCP Locking Lug Nuts
XJJS Locking Tailgate
XJ8S Body Color Fuel Filler Door
XKDS 'Why Buy' Label
XLNS English/USA Language
XRBP Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth
XXTP Humidity Sensor
XXUP Electronic Shift
XZNP Raised Ride Height
X8ZS Seat Parts Module
X81S Instrument Panel Parts Module
X82S Door Parts Module
X83S Front End Parts Module
X88S Tire & Wheel Parts Module
X9BP 1-Yr. SiriusXM Radio Service
X9EP For Details, Go to DriveUconnect.com
X9JP 6 Mo. Trial (Registration Required)
YAAS Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications

#171 ·
Hi, if interested, I have provided the click thru to the actual sticker for my truck. I ended up paying $43,200 for the truck, not including trade in. I did spend another $2200 for a Fidelity 7 year - 100k Platinum membership and sales tax in MA is 6.25%. This dealership did give me $11k for my trade in, which is $1k more than anyone else would give, so I guess you could say I paid $42,200 for the truck.
In my limited research of buyer sites stating what buyers are actually paying off of MSRP, generally it hovers around 15% off, which is about where my dealer was and wouldn't go any lower. So, I figured the only other negotiating tool I had was the trade. Anyway, hope that helps. Here is the click thru.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...jVdcSBTO5AGwf9qrNlfmoLQ&bvm=bv.59026428,d.cWc

#173 ·
Lets keep the discussion a discussion please. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

#177 ·
I bought my 2014 Ram 1500 QC Big Horn 4x4 / 6'4" bed on Dec 30.
5.7L / 8 Spd
Black Gold Pearl
bucket seats
3.92 LSD
8.4 Uconnect

MSRP $41,275
Rebates: $2,000 Truck Month
$2,900 Dealer Discount (approximate difference between MSRP & Invoice Price)
$500 Chrysler Capital
$500 Big Finish Bonus Cash
$750 Down Payment Match

TotalPrice $34,625

Trade in $6800 (2004 Dodge 2500 RegCab 4x4...very rusted underneath)

I was willing to pay $2000 more for the truck and was hoping to get at least $5000 for my trade in. By keeping my mouth shut and just shaking my head side to side, the dealer gave me a lot lower deal than I was primed for. Had to bite my tongue and "reluctantly" agree to the deal while secretly screaming YEAHHHHH! inside.
Now, I know there are tons of others here who got really incredible deals. Please realize that I always get screwed buying vehicles and have non existent negotiating skills. I left the dealership on cloud nine that day!

#179 ·
Do your homework. If you're buying off a dealer's lot most will have the a link to the window sticker on their website. Build it on the NADA site to find out the dealer cost. Figure out the holdback (MSRP-destination x 3%). Dealer cost - 100% of the holdback + all rebates is a good goal. It helps to have options so you can figure out pricing of trucks at different dealers. So if negotiation stall with one you just say goodbye and check out your next option. Don't be in a hurry. I was able to get 100% of the holdback plus another $900 off on my order this week. I dealt with four dealers and used aggressive internet pricing from a dealer in my region to help get my pricing from a local dealership. I didn't have a trade in so that can complicate the process. I've always sold my old vehicles rather than trade. I always felt I did better, but the sales tax savings can be a big consideration.

#184 · (Edited)
Looked at a 2014 Max steel with a handful of options (met my short list).

Sticker: $45635
Their offer: $41977

Low balled on my trade sight unseen. I know I can do better all around.

It's a starting point.

Thoughts?

Edit: looks like they gave 100% of holdback ($1330) and gave $2300 incentives to get the number.

#185 ·
That's a terrible deal. The deal mentioned above is 100% of holdback off of INVOICE; not off of MSRP. A truck stickering at $45,635 should be around $39ish for an ok deal before subtracting rebates.

#188 ·
Go onto Truecars and price out your vehicle with the options you're looking at. It will give you MSRP and Invoice (FWP). Take the MSRP and subtract off the shipping cost ($1,195 most likely). Take that price (MSRP - shipping) and mutiply that by 0.03 (3%). That number equals the holdback.
A pretty good deal is Invoice (FWP) - Holdback - Rebates. I could not get that deal at any of my local dealers. The best I could get was Invoice - 1/3 Holdback - Rebates. That's an ok deal but nothing special. I ended up going to a dealer 12 hours away and got Invoice - 100% Holdback - Rebates - $2,000. That is a good deal. Good luck!

#191 ·
Mike,

Sorry bud but your math is incorrect. Typical invoice is approximately 91% of MSRP. The invoice you quoted is 85% which means it probably includes applicable rebates. Why don't you tell me the following information and I'll price it for you and tell you what you should pay.

Year
Model/Trim
4X2 or 4X4?
Color (Ext)
Color (Int)
V6, Hemi or Diesel
Options
YOUR zip code

#204 ·
This is a GREAT thread! Thanks to all of you especially "Blackhawk13". I used the calculations recommended by Blackhawk 13 and made a great deal! The formula does work. I went through the calculations with the salesman and told him the price that represented his true cost and asked him how much the dealership really needed to make. They offered to split the holdback which I thought was fair. It made the whole process so much easier.

One thing I did before even starting to talk about price, was to explain that I do not pay for "doc prep fees" or any similar fees. I told the salesman that if the dealership policy was to charge everyone a "doc prep fee" that we would need to deduct that amount from the negotiated price before they added it back in. He agreed and in the end, I believe that it saved me $199. At closing, the negotiated price was reduced by $199 and then added back in as a "doc prep fee". If I hadn't discussed it ahead of the negotiations, it would have cost me the additional $199. Don't wait to discuss the "doc prep fee" at the table when they have the papers already drawn up.

I won't bore you with my exact numbers, but I will say that the formula that Blackhawk13 has posted does work. In the end, my $46,500 MSRP was purchased at a $10,000 discount which included $5,000 in rebates.

#206 ·
I'm really glad to hear you got a good deal and are happy with your truck! Enjoy it!! Mine's on order so it'll be awhile :(

#205 ·
Dave Smith in Kellog Idaho has great prices on new dodge, you just have to call them and tell them what you want to get the price, that way they know which rebates you get etc. by the way largest dodge dealership in the world, they ship all over the world.

Dennis Dillon dodge in Caldwell Idaho advertises there price and has lowest price in the nation guarantee on certain trucks, look them up they are definitely the cheapest advertised that i could find. Some of their half tons are $12,000+ off msrp, i have seen some over $14,000 off

#211 ·
Some here have used it but you CAN do better negotiating on your own. It's pretty painless once you have your numbers...do it all via e-mail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.