DODGE RAM FORUM banner

lowered 08 2wd diesel finally on the ground

16K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  bigtim44 
#1 ·
Here's a few pictures of my 08 Ram 2500 diesel, finally sitting on all four wheels after waiting for the new winters extremeliner quickchange to arrive for the second time....don't ask!!....its in the truck 'spring under axle' style.wheels are ram 1500 20 inch steelies.
Sat the truck down and its low for a 2500!

Here's my 04 3500 parked next to it for a height comparison.

See less See more
Reactions: double0ram
#4 ·
Just need to get the driveshaft re-tubed to reach the new differential,then its time for a test drive.

#5 ·
that thing is long lol! looks good ive never seen a long bed lowered

#6 · (Edited)
Great work you're doing!

I'd love to talk with you about a few things- I tried sending a PM, but my post count isnt high enough yet.

My biggest question- does the factory 8 lug hub fit the drop spindle? I'd prefer to maintain the factory hubs to avoid swapping the rear axles.

I'd be happy to share my phone number if thats better?

Thanks and please keep posting updates!

Morgan

#7 ·
I'd have to do some measuring to see if the 8 lug unibearings would fit onto the modified 1/2 ton dropped spindles,I have stock 1500 and 2500 spindles laying around to check.
Tim

#11 ·
Truck looks great! One heck of a view in the background :smileup:

#12 ·
Thanks,one of the benefits of living in the boonies is the view!

[QUOTE=PX8black;802575]Truck looks great! One heck of a view in the background :smileup:[/QUOTE]

#14 ·
lowered it a bit more!!

I wasn't completely happy with how low the 2wd diesel went with the dropped spindles,so I pulled the coil springs and lopped 1 complete coil off the bottom of each coil spring.I also removed the stock bump stops and the bump stop mounts for added clearance.
The truck now looks great with a tiny bit of rake.

#17 ·
Glad you guys like it,the numbers and class designation lettering for running at Bonneville Salt flats will be ready soon.
Then its onto the motor!

#26 ·
From what I can tell the 3/4 ton caliper is the same as the SRT10 caliper,the SRT 10 has half ton hubs and spindles, so I'm guessing that the SRT10 caliper mounting bracket will put the 3/4 ton caliper on the 1/2 ton spindles. Me hopes anyway!!
I have the SRT10 rotors sitting on the shelf waiting for me to find the brackets.
The white 2500 is being prepped for land speed racing and has a parachute on the back to slow things down,who needs brakes anyway!!:smileup:

#28 ·
With the 04 trucks the 1/2 ton A arms swap directly onto the 3/4 ton truck.Then use a set of 1/2 ton dropped spindles which are beefier than the stock 3/4 ton stuff.
I also cut one complete coil off each front spring and removed the bump stops.
Out back I flipped the axle using fresh spring perches from ruffstuff specialties. I also notched the frame and relocated upper shock mounts and used shorter shocks.
hope this helps.
Tim

#30 ·
The rearend was moved back about 1/2 inch on the spring, the driveshaft needed to be shortened and different yoke welded on for the new axle (Quickchange) on our truck.
Not sure on the spindles, I would just go to a nappa that stocks both and measure them. On our truck we run 5 lug 1500 hubs without any issue.
-Tim

#32 ·
There should be enough movement in the slip yoke/slip joint to compensate for that.
On ours we shortened the center carrier mount to align the 2 piece drive shaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.