Which type of wax do you prefer/use?

• Liquid

Votes: 86 66.7%
  • Paste

Votes: 43 33.3%

What type of wax do you prefer?

21K views 83 replies 38 participants last post by  KVRam 
#1 ·
So i just used the last of my Zaino a few months ago on my Corvette, and have since moved out on my own (im only 22) and can no longer afford $100s on detailing products lol

anyways, Ive always used NXT with good luck for "'cheaper" stuff, and am looking at going to pick up a fresh detail kit tomorrow after work. Im torn between Ultimate and NXT, but mainly between liquid and paste.

Which do you prefer and why?

#79 ·
Blackfire Wet Diamond, clay 1xyear, Blackfire paint preparation 1xyear if outside all the time. Have done this on Grand Cherokee and several MBs over the years. Many good products out there. Check out autogeek.com and other detailing sites for ideas. I will be getting a '15 1500 Laramie in Nov.

#82 ·
Guys Try Rejex wax. Originally made for planes for dirt to not stick to underside of planes. Then it was used all over. Worked its way into the oating community, and then auto. You put on everything even the glass. NO DIRT STICKS to the truck. Simple hose off during the week and it is amazing. Even on glass. $20 a bottle on amazon and after owning my own detail business when I was younger, and beyond meticulous with my truck. Hands down the best Ive ever used. Shine is unreal. Second coat is key. As shown online after wax and removal garage for 8-12hrs and bonds completely on paint

#83 ·
An IPA wipedown is very common nowadays in the detailing industry. there are also products available that do the same job, Carpro Eraser is just an example. there are so many waxes at so many price ranges it all comes down to your needs. If youre looking for a good all round wax that will take a beating regardless of the climate collinite 476 won't break the bank at around $20 and you can expect 3-4 months protection if the vehicle is cleaned weekly and stored outdoors. If it's stored inside then the durability lengthens. if you want something that will give your beast amazing depth in the paint, yes go ahead and pick something from swissvax, polishangel etc. These boutique waxes can last 6-8 months realistically but it requires a lot of attention. most conventional store bought waxes only last a few weeks. Regardless as stated in this thread before the prep is the key component...wash/ironx once annually/clay/IPA/wax or sealant or both. that's my regimen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.