DODGE RAM FORUM banner

DO NOT break your mirror(s)

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  TVL 
#1 · (Edited)
Just a tidbit of information for those who might be interested. I had a '09 Big Horn that I broke a mirror on that wasn't warranty and it cost me $280(incl. tax) for a new one which I installed myself. Fast forward to current day...I now have a '13 Sport C/C and of course it has the body color, heated, auto-dimming, power folding mirrors. Anyhoo...my drivers side mirror needed warranty replacement and I happened to see the service dept invoice for the new one and it said $576 just for one mirror!!!:Wow1: When I expressed my shock to the service writer he said, "that's what WE pay for warranty replacement, If YOU had to pay for it out of YOUR pocket, non-warranty, it would cost you about $780":SHOCKED:
So my recommendation would be....DON'T BREAK YOUR MIRRORS:str:

If I do, I'll be on here looking to sell one of my kidneys!

#2 ·
ya..learn how to drive. don't break your mirror, any respectable man driving a truck won't break a mirror

#3 ·
on my street, you have to fold in your mirrors when you park
if the construction trucks with boards & ladders hanging out the passenger side
its the street punks taking out your mirrors with pellet guns & baseball bats

#4 ·
that's how it is in the inner city of Baltimore Maryland. punk ass kids

#9 ·
WOW.....That's a lot of jack......Thanks for posting......Wonder if the dealer would give it to you for what they pay.....Good idea....Where I'm living they have been stealing the rims and tires along with tailgates from the lots of dealerships.....

#10 ·
Yep, I learned that lesson too... Broke my passenger side mirror backing out of the garage. I was trying not to hit my wife's jeep (she parked too close) and I wasn't watching the passenger mirror. It somehow wedged itself between the doorway and the garage door track. $550 mistake. I guess I'm not very respectable!:LOL:

#11 ·
lol I was drunk when I typed that response. uncalled for, my apologies hahahaha

#12 ·
Good 'ol TUI. Hahahahahaha!!!

#14 ·
Time to revive an old thread. I, like TVL, wasn't paying attention and backed out of my garage and took off pieces of housing on the passenger side mirror. I called the dealership and they said there is no housing available, just the guts or the whole mirror assembly. $695.56 installed!

Are there instructions on how to replace this myself? I have the black, heated tow mirrors with the puddle lamp.

#15 ·
I feel your pain! I didn't try to replace mine myself. My truck was only a month old when it happened and I wasn't going to take the chance of screwing it up even more! Can't imagine it's that hard to do. Do some searching on the web or maybe put up a post on this forum. Maybe someone has done it and can help.

#18 ·
I checked for used parts, but couldn't find anything around me.

I ended up calling MoparPartsOnline (a forum sponsor), giving them my VIN and they found the factory OEM mirror I needed in stock for $326.60. That's $200 cheaper than the stealership was charging me.

I have the part on order and will post back when I get it installed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.