DODGE RAM FORUM banner

So far MPG

11K views 75 replies 49 participants last post by  rick19879 
#1 ·
At just over 800 miles on the truck, I am averaging 13.5 in city driving according to evic.

#2 ·
I assume you have the 6 speed tranny?

#5 ·
WOW! :SHOCKED: You either constantly have you're foot shoved through the firewall, have 3.92 gears or somethings off. That seems pretty low empty. I just hit 1100 miles and getting 17 city/19-20 hwy. I have Hemi with 6 speed tranny, 3.55 gears, CC, 4X4. I've put on a S&B CAI and 24in Magnaflow which between the 2 helped.

#7 ·
i have 475 mi. on my 2012 4 x 4 3.92 geared big horn ...avg. 14 so far around town/little highway.i have had to squeeze to throttle down a couple times...pretty quick.i'm sure it would get to 18-19 if all i was driving was highway...i knew that going in

#8 ·
Ya the 4x4 3.55 2013 I have is avg about 14 between city and a little hwy. when I fill up I will see how accurate it is. I know my 09 cc big horn 2wd with 3.92's I traded in got a lot better mpg and I shut off the mds on it.

#22 ·
Turn off MDS

Is there a way to make it so that it stays off unless you press the button to turn it on? Sorry for Highjacking the thread:i_rolleyes: What I mean is that you turn it off, but when you turn the truck off and turn it back on, you have to turn the MDS back off again.

#11 ·
I find if you step on it to get up to speed, then the truck can maintain the speed limit, it'll get better mpg than if you baby it and take longer to get up to speed. At least that is what my evic tells me.

Also winter gas and cold temps will drop it considerably I use over 18l/100km right now all in town and baby the thing!

#15 ·
same here 13.5 is about what i'm getting still really new also at less than 2000miles, I'm blaming it on the gas not that i really expect it to pick up in the summer. I live on a really steep mile mountain so that does drop it at least a 1-2mpg everytime i go up it. have 2012 outdoorsman 4x4 3.92 QC for reference

#19 ·
Well I am pulling about 14 mpg mixed on a good day sometimes in the 13's with a Lone Star CC with the 3.55 4x4 and 11 pulling a small trailer now I am at 1200 miles. I have to say my I really was hoping to get a little more since my 09 CC big horn same truck and tires but 2wd with 3.92's and the MDS shut off would get 14 while towing and 16 mixed. I could get 18 to 19 on the highway cruising at 75 to 80. I did this with real math also not just what the evic said although the one in my 13 seems to be pretty accurate so far. I didn't buy my truck for great mileage but the difference between the 2 is amazing. The older one had a lot more power. I am wishing I would have got the 3.92's or a 4.10 ratio now. I though being newer and having a 3.55 would get me better highway mileage not worse. I know the 4x4's are a bit heavier but were talking 3 mpg. Well going to just suck it up and I can't blame the gas blend because I was driving my old truck just 2 weeks ago and it was a drop in mpg from day 1. Going to see if I can get the dealer to doable my MDS cause I really disliked it before and even though this new one is smoother I didn't buy a v8 so it could turn into a 4. If not I will buy another tuner later and get rid of it myself I plan on a heat swap anyway when I do the lift and 35's at Xmas. Hope someone pops up saying they can get better mpgs at some point cause everyone seem in the same range here.

#20 ·
With 1100 miles on the truck, I'm averaging 12.9 with 90% city driving. I have a road trip this weekend and will check HYW mileage and report back.

#23 ·
I have over 8000 miles on my 2012 QC sport and I'm lucky to average 12 MPG in my truck. I tend to get on it every so often. The highest I've seen is 20 MPG highway with tail winds helping out. Not impressed with the MPG at all but I didn't buy a truck for good gas mileage lol..

#25 ·
nothing but 14-15 mpg since i got it 900 miles ago...city/highway

#30 ·
Did a little test this weekend. I went on a 280 mile round trip road trip. On the way to my destination (140) mi. I had the MDS turned off, opposite on the way back. Looks like with the MDS turned on, I gained about 1.2 miles per gal. Not real fond of the rabbit fart sound in MDS mode. Had cruise control at 70 mph both ways.

#32 ·
I made a trip from Virginia to Florida on Friday and averaged 16.5 mpg at anywhere from 70-80 miles an hour pretty much the whole way. With exception of trying get around a few nitwits when I had to floor it to get around. By the way the hemi's sound great when you floor em at 70 miles an hour and 90 comes up surprisingly fast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.