DODGE RAM FORUM banner

what do you have on your RAM

Does your Ram have a tonneau cover?

162K views 594 replies 452 participants last post by  IN2H2O 
#1 ·
do you have a tonneau cover

do you prefer an open bed, a tonneau cover, a hard cover, or a bed cap :smileup:

#128 ·
myth busters ''proved'' it doesnt afftect mpg, mind you their tests were not in the course of years and 10's of thousands of km's/miles. Mine came with the truck when I bought it, only time its not on or wont be on is when my sled is in the box or something that wont fit under the cover... looks good, doesnt stic way up. keeps stuff dry. Doesnt make the mpg's any worse!

#129 ·
ARE fiberglass cover, and it looks and works great!!!

#133 ·
On my 2005 SLT I had the tri-fold cover installed when I bought it. Worked well, but the plastic weather stripping over the hinges all dried out and cracked, allowing water to run right through the hinges. I replaced that cover with an "Undercover Hard Shell" cover. Was very easy to install and worked well but then I was restricted on what I could carry without removing the top. It was light weight enough for me to handle alone, but too bulky to do so. When I bought the 2011 SLT 1500, I ordered a roll up cover from AutoAnything. Its got the solid cross members and installed in minutes. It rolls up quickly and has straps to hold it against the back of the cab. My only regret is I didn't get one that allowed access to the Bed Rail Stake pockets. I really wanted to install Bed rails, but there's no way to do that now.

#138 ·
Installed a G2 BakFlip last weekend. We got snow this week. I haven't opened to see if it's dry inside the bed yet. It looks good and I think I'm going to enjoy it. I bought it so I can flip it back and leave a section for my dog to get under when I am driving. I plan to put a dog pillow under there. He is an old dog, but he likes to ride in the back. Next I am getting a Pop Lock for the tailgate.

#139 ·
I just got a Bakflip g2 on my rt

#146 ·
Ok with the vinyl covers snow=bad had one on my ford and it crushed it now i have the bak flip g-2 and it had a scratch in it so im getting a new one sent to me so i did a few tests with the one i have now (dont have to send it back so wtf) put my buddies 4 wheeler with him on it on the bak flip while it was closed did not even buckle. Ok this one will sound weird i got inside the bed with a flashlight and my buddy took it through a car wash not one drop of water got inside. So there you have it test brought to you by insane walt and his stupid friends. Now as far as the solid 1 peice fiberglass covers they are ok just limit your space the back flip folds up and u lose 3'' of bed

#150 ·
Just got my tonneau cover installed today, it is the TonnoPro Tri-Fold

http://www.realtruck.com/tonnopro-tri-fold-tonneau-cover/

Has really good reviews on that site, as well as a few others on the web. Didn't want to spend too much on a cover, as I won't be using it much, only really on the occasional road trip to keep the families "stuff" dry.

I can let you know after this weekend how it is on the highway, but I'm not expecting any issues

Pics...

#152 ·
I went with the Extang Trifecta in the Signature Series which is a Sunbrella Canvas. It was pain in the A$$ to put on with the RamBox. had to go to Lowe's to get longer screws to get the rails to mount on the rails already on the bed. The cover it'self is very nice with the canvas look. I was just disappointed in the fact it took so long for the instal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.