DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Minor Mods with pics.

7K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Bandit Monkey 
#1 ·
I know how much we all love pics so here she be with her new Truxedo Lo Pro QT and Sickspeed carbon fiber stubby antenna installed. I still stare at her and can't believe I'm finally driving my Ram. Does this stupid grin ever go away?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
nice mods. Love that color!!

#4 ·
Like the Truxedo Lo Pro QT cover, but I love the truck color even more, lol. Good mods

#6 ·
looks good....was thinking about a bed cover, but with the PCS coming up I'm gonna go with a topper so I can put more crap in the back lol

as far as the stupid grin....I bought mine truck used with a little shy of 12k miles March '10....and my pants still get tight when I look at it lol

#11 ·
Beautiful truck man. That is the best color in my opinion... And as for the stupid grin,,, no it doesn't go away, I still find myself staring at and admiring mine like a tard all the time,,,lol
I'm starting to develop premature smile lines from the constant grinning. That is one smokin colour you got! Love the tonneau cover and stubby antenna.

Loth

#12 ·
Damn I was hoping there was a cure for the stupid smile on my face. I just can't get over all the compliments I keep getting on this Ram. It's incredible! Everyone just loves the color. I have to say I'm loving everything about this truck, hell it's even getting better mileage than my old Dakota! Thanks for all the compliments....I'm off to go stand in the driveway....looking and drooling!

#14 ·
lookin good bud and i agree the grin never goes away!!!

#15 ·
Truck looks great, and like everyone else I love that color. Where did you get your tonneau?

#17 ·
I picked it up here in Edmonton from a local truck accessory place.
http://www.buzzboxliners.com/
There are better deals to be found on the net but when you live in the frozen north shipping kills!

#16 ·
Whoops missed the reception questions. Sorry guys....here is the dirt on the stubby antenna.
It picks up static (for lack of a better word) from florescent lighting something fierce. Notice it when parking in front of 7-eleven getting my slurpee fix on and also under the canopy at the gas station.
The only other issue with the stubby is that FM range is reduced. I put the antenna on after picking her up from the dealership (180 miles from home) on the drive back I noticed I couldn't pick up my usual FM stations at the same places. My estimate is about a 20 mile reduction in FM range when on the fringe of the signal.
On the AM side of the dial I haven't noticed any reduction in signal strength or interference.
Overall I am impressed with the stubby. When cruising down the highway or stuck in stop and go in the city there are no issues with reception. The only real reception reduction is when your coming to the fringe of an FM signal, it will drop out quicker than before. I'm a happy camper with it's fit, finish and performance.

#18 ·
Ok thanks! I'll have to do a little looking around, it'll be worth it for the better mpg's!

#20 ·
I got my TRUXEDO TRUXPORT from www.got-chrome.com they listed it as to low to show the manufacturer name. I got it for 250 shipped. and everywhere else it was 300 or more. Could not afford the low profile on so went with the truxport.. Its still nice I have had my ram for 3 weeks and already had 2 other ram owners ask about my cover.

#23 ·
Didn't buy it in Edmonton, ordered it off of the Sick Speed website, delivery was around the 10 day mark by mail.
http://sickspeed.com/pages/universal.html
I wonder if Jb's power center or Buzz Boxliner would have anything like them. Never thought to check when I picked up my tonneau cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.