DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Parking Brake Indicator

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Canram10 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Just a question..do any of you know why my truck(10'Ram 1500 Crew 4x4)does not have an indicator light go on when the parking brake is applied?? Was at the dealer for the tie rod end recall and asked them to look into it. Apparently some models have an indicator light go on and some don't...???...

#5 ·
Thx. I will take a look to see if there is an outline in the display where it might illuminate. The pic is from an '11, do u think it might be different than the '10s?? Could the dealer be right and my truck might not have one? I think that would be completely stupid if it were true.

#9 ·
Parking Brake

If you look at your owners manual, I believe pages 201-202 there is a picture of the 2 instrument clusters. Both have the Parking Brake indicator in the lower left hand corner as was shown on the 11's.

#10 ·
You should definitely have one. I have the base ST and have an e-brake light.

- Cajun

#12 · (Edited)
Well, there must be a difference between '10s, 11's and US and Cdn Models. Mine does not have any parking "BRAKE" indicator...Not worried and won't make a special trip to dealer for it, more of a curiosity thing now....if anyone out there has the same truck as mine, take a peek and reply pls....

Sorry for the somewhat duplicate reply, not sure what happened...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.