DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fog lights just quit working

10K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Mountainman 
#1 ·
OK, I have a '99 Ram Sport with factory foglights. I've had this truck for a few years, and recently my fog lights just stopped working. The fuse is good, switched relays with a known good one, nothing, bulbs are good. The indicator on the switch doesn't light up for the fogs like it used to either (the "D" with "light beams" that lights when your fogs are on). Anyone have a suggestion as to what I need to fix? I have the turn knob switch that you pull out for fogs. Headlight high and low beams work. I have a Sport, so it has the quad headlights. Checked other posts, but they don't seem to apply to my problem. Thanks in advance guys. Just joined the forum, and unlike some other forums, you guys seem great! I hope to be here for a long time!

#4 ·
Install a jumper wire between terminals 30 and 87 of the fog light relay and see if they come on. This will tell you for certain if the wiring to the lamps and the bulbs are good. If they work then we need to look between the relay, body controller and switch.

#15 ·
I had a similar problem with my '98 sport that I just bought. In my case it was as simple as having the wrong headlamps installed. 9007 instead of the 9004 that is supposed to go in there. In my case the high beam indicator stayed on whether in high or low beam mode. Also got a very diffused patter to the headlight beam (no hot spot) because the filament of the lamp was not in the focal point of the reflector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.