DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RADIO REMOVAL for 2009-2010 DODGE RAM 1500

26K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  Ramzaq 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 sport that came with iPod controller cable in the glove box. It will charge every iPod I tried except for my 2g iPod touch. Has anybody else had this problem with a itouch Not charging. When I tried a nano it worked fine.

#7 ·
Yeah the issue is the new ipod touch charges on 12 volts where all the previous ipods charge on 5 volts. It could be the other way but in either case the ipod cable in the truck is meant for chargeing the older ipods. You can buy aftermarket adapters for them on the internet that will charge the new Ipod Touch.

#10 ·
unfortunatly this didn't help I have a six seater in my ram slt 2010, so no console in the front, I'm still having a hard time opening the front panel to access the radio. The darn radio doesn't get AM FM stations and I just don't understand why there is no other way of getting the serial number of that radio. I would make to much sens that dodge could access this info only with the truck's serial number!! Go figure why I have to drive back and forth 180km and take a day off work just to check behind the darn radio and then take another day off drive another 180km to have the new radio installed. Plus I have done this 3 times already to have them try and fix the problem, all without any success. and then some people wonder why some people want to stop the odometer in their vehicule. well there's a not so good reason!

#12 ·
Great PDF thanks for sharing!

#14 ·
good info, thanks for sharing! :rep:

Exco

#16 ·
Can't open

This is just what I was looking for, but it won't open for me. I just need to know how to get the woodgrain bezel off. Are there any hidden screws, or does it just pop off? I've istalled nav in Jeep GC and Commander. One popped of and the other had screws. Thanks

#17 ·
This is just what I was looking for, but it won't open for me. I just need to know how to get the woodgrain bezel off. Are there any hidden screws, or does it just pop off? I've istalled nav in Jeep GC and Commander. One popped of and the other had screws. Thanks
To remove the bezel around the radio remove the 2 screws under the rubber pad on top of the stack and one screw under the bezel for the 110 volt plug in in the stack. You can pull the bezel off with your hands, you just have to pry it towards you and work your way around it, it will pop off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.