DODGE RAM FORUM banner

NITTO Terra Grapplers Ram 2500 ??????

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Stangshcky12 
#1 ·
I called Discount tire to order Nitto terra grapplers 295-70-17 for my 2006 Ram 2500 and the salesmen informed me that tire not only does not come as a E rated tire but also that they will not last very long on a 2500 pickup ???? I have read mixed reviews about how long they will last ??? Anyone out there have first hand knowlage ???? Also I cant seem to find an alternate tire of that size ??:4-dontknow:

#2 ·
Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about using the link in my SIG to drop in at the Newbie Checkin to introduce yourself.

I wish I had an answer for your tire question. Someone will be by to help you with the answers.
:Hey:

#3 · (Edited)
From what my buddies told me they dont last very long on 1/2 ton trucks either. As long as you don't do really heavy towing you'll be ok with D rated tires, especially with a hemi,just pay attention to your weight/tire pressure when you do haul.
That tire size is an odd size so there arent going to be many manufacturers that make a tire that size.
I have 35" D rated mastercraft courser cts on a cummins, the tread wear isnt great but it looks like I'll get 40,000 out of them.
For an all terrain tire I would take a look at hankook dynapro atm. They make a 10 ply 295/70/17.
My girlfriends dad runs them on his cummins in the winter. He swears by dynapros, he switches to mts in the spring, both tires get really good wear (he puts on 60k miles a year so he's been through a few pair)

#4 ·
My Nitto Trail Grapplers are 295/70/17, not sure on the load rating though.

#5 ·
My dad has 285/70/17's and his are 10 ply which I believe are E Rated?

Anyways, the truck is normally sitting in the garage or hauling the 37" 5th wheel. Needless to say the tires only got about 30,000 miles. They wore down pretty fast for a 10 ply tire. Now that they're worn down, it's damn near impossible to take off in the rain since the cummins is so torquey. If you haul a lot, I would suggest getting something other then the terra grapplers. Maybe something not as aggressive. But if you're not hauling a 37" camper, you'll probably get more life out of them then my dad did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.