DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Fstasfck's build

22K views 244 replies 22 participants last post by  FSTASFCK 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, so after two weeks of owning it I have put a lot of time and money into getting it started...I started off by ordering Bilstein 5100's for front and rear, 1.75" Coil Spacers, 1.25" Body Lift, DiabloSport Trinity Programmer, DeeZee Tailgate Lift, 20% Tint on all windows, Lower Billet Grill, 10.2" Drop Down Monitor, and Westin Wade Floor Mats...So I started this weekend with what I have recieved so far, the Monitor, Programmer, Body Lift, Tint, and removed B Pillar Stickers...

Monitor:

Complements the Pioneer Headunit:

Programmer:

Body Lift:
Before

During

After:

Tint:
5% Front Strip

20% on all other windows, so it makes it 20% on front windows and 5% on all rear windows...and I really want 5% on front windows!!!

B Pillar Sticker Before:

After:

Hopefully the rest will be in this week and I can throw it on next weekend...I'll keep things updated!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Truck looks great! you are off to a flying start :smileup: glad the mod bug got you too ;)

#4 ·
It doesn't matter what toy I have I like to make it "mine"...and the more time I spend on the Z the more I want to do...would love a 4" or 6" lift but with 3 kids to get in the back seat and one in a car seat I think I'm gonna hafta stick with just the leveling kit and body lift...next weekend will be it for me for a bit till I need tires then I will throw on some 35's...but I'm sure there are other things I can find till then to pass the time...

#8 ·
Thanks all...I really don't care too much for the chrome on it, I would rather have black...but it was already on there when I got it so I will keep it on there till I can swap it all over to black...

Any thoughts on plasi-dip'n all of these pieces??? Hmmm, that thought just came to mind...lol...atleast just for a temp fix...i dunno maybe I will just suck it up and keep it till I can replace em...

#9 ·
I would just leave it, if down the road you really want it, you can get it all painted, there is a process to paint chrome that will last. Might be less expensive than replacing it all. Plasti Dip is ok but depending on your area roads, like rocks sand, salt etc, it will not last long, take the time it would to do all those pieces and add up the hours, the cost of materials etc, you might not want to go that route. Hard to swap with others, many don't like chrome, so more chrome out there than painted. JMO

#10 ·
yea. like asur said. it depends where you live. i have plasti-dipped all of my chrome on my truck and everything except the rims is staying on great! :smileup: i would advise, that if you want to see how everything black looks, PD it first then if you like it, remove the PD and paint it all. but regardless, i would not try and replace, just paint. it will save you money in the long run.

#11 ·
OK, so I get home today and have a couple things sitting on the porch...my anxiety kicked in and I had to do what I could...
Dee Zee:

And then this box with more boxes inside:

1" Spacer will be here by Sat so looking to get it all put on and aligned this weekend...hoping for Sat but I'm sure the wifey isn't as excited as I am:LOL:

#14 ·
Looking pretty awesome. I got all excited when I saw the chrome but realized you wanted to remove it.

Oh well it is still a good looking truck. Can't wait to see what else you do with it! :smileup:
Thanks all!!! The chrome was on it when I got it...I'm not a big fan of it but I think it looks good on the truck...I just wouldn't have chosen it...Once I get it lifted and everything I want done to it done then I will see if I want to stick with it or change it to black...that is if I ever get done...:LOL:

#15 ·
you will never be done lol

#17 ·
I wanted to get a bigger monitor but the way the headliner is formed you could prolly put a 15" in at the most... But I think the 10" is a good size...and I gotta helluva deal on it so went with it... Cut hole in headliner...used 1/4" mdf as a brace to the roof...used a strong liquid nails to bond the board to roof...put screws thru board into the roof braces to secure it better then attached monitor to it... That was my first overhead monitor I have done and it turned out perfect...at least I can't tell that it is off center or anything

#20 · (Edited)
Got the Bilstein 5100's on all 4's and decided on the 1" coil spacer for the rear...got it aligned today and washed it all up...it's kinda just a tease cuz I want a 6" lift kit now to add to it!!!

Rear Spacer

Rear Shock

This worked wonders getting the top nut off and putting the new one on!!!

A little ******* ingenuity helped push down enough so I could get the Strut back in

Stock

1.25" Body Lift

Bilstein 5100's on all 4's, 1" Rear Coil Spacer, 1.25" Body Lift

Front Quarter

Rear Quarter

Yes, I still need to adjust my exhaust...but hoping I will have 5" tips to replace em with instead... ;)

Also contemplating about debadging it or not...we will see how bored I get this week I guess!!!

#195 · (Edited)
I just spent the last hour flipping through and reading your entire thread.. wow! Very nicely done on the solo lift install! Though I agree, you should have someone else with you.. if not to help, at least to be a spotter! LOL I'm a fan of chrome, but what you have done to your rig from start to finish so far works perfect.. looks very smooth! Reps to ya, hun!

On a side note.. I'm not sure if you still have it around, but it never hurts to ask, right? Do you still have the chrome accent trim off your OEM 3rd brake light? If so, I would be ever so happy to help you make room in your garage. ;)

Edit: I'll toss reps your way when I can again :shy:

#25 ·
I got my BT Catch Can in tonight as well and got it installed and stopped by autozone and got a relay and hooked my fogs up to my high's...works perfectly and love how well it lights up with the high's on now...ready to get some projectors with HID's now but found out I got a job in Savannah so gotta get moved before I get back to spending money on her...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.