DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New to the site, have a few questions

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  bwheeler0018 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Im new to the site. I just picked up my 09 ram yesterday. Black with grey TRX4 fully loaded. I wanted to say Hey to everyone and I had a question.

I want to do something with the exhaust to make it louder but dont want to spend a ton. Any thoughts would be great. I was thinking about just changing out the muffler and putting a nice tip on it. I dont have the factory duals.

Thanks for any help.

G
#9 ·
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you got some good suggestions here. I like Magnaflow mufflers myself. There are so many tip styles it's hard to pick one but I have two bevel cut single wall tips on my truck which work just fine and look good.

G
#15 ·
You may find that the aftermarket mufflers will all be shorter than your stock one but that's no problem for a good shop. They just weld in a length of pipe to make up the difference.

Flowmasters have quite the sound. I've run them on several vehicles.

Good luck with your mod!

#16 ·
ok so i think im going to buy the Mufflex 14 system. I just hope its the right way to go. I could just bring the truck to my local muffler shop and have them weld in a muffler and its like 100$ cheap.

Im just looking for people that have this system installed to tell me that they love it. Again i have the single because i have the Trx4.

thanks for all your help everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.