DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I can't believe it!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RootBeer 
#1 ·
I was leaving the Gym the other day and my check engine light came on so I hooked up my hypertech programmer to put the settings back to stock but before that the programmer made me check what the DTC was and clear it. It came up as a P0133 which I believe is an oxygen sensor? What I can't believe is that that code came up when my truck only has between 42 and 43k mi on it. I thought oxygen sensors lasted longer than that.

#2 ·
Granted I am no mechanic but as was the case with my Jeep, the CEL was programmed to come on at a certain mileage for the O2 sensor, so it wasn't necessarily that the sensor was bad, but this was stated in my owner's manual, so I expected it. Not sure if the same is true with the trucks, but were you able to clear the code and turn the light off?

- Cajun

#4 ·
Nope the truck ran fine. It actually came on 2 nights ago and I didn't have time to take it to the dealer and the next day I had to drive to Columbus for a Corrections Officer assesment which was 6hrs round trip. Truck ran fine the whole way and yes I was able to clear the code and it hasn't come back on yet so I guess we'll see what happens.

#8 · (Edited)
Took the truck in today and it ended up being the left upper and lower oxygen sensors. I also had a problem with the wipers not coming on which ended up being a relay I think, I don't have the repair order in front of me. I'm really glad I have a bumper to bumper warranty. It only cost me 106.75 for everything :smileup: I still can't believe both O2 sensors went out when the truck had less than 44k mi on it.

#9 ·
excellent news. glad it all worked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.