DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Did I get ParkSense and ParkView as requested?

6K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  mids 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordered my '13 Big Horn, with 8.4AN, ParkSense, and ParkView on 5/7. I am currently at the frame stage.
Looking over the Priced order sheet, only ParkSense is listed.

Is park-view automatically included, part of one of the packages on the Big Horn, just not listed on the POC, or did my dealer goof?

When I asked my dealer, I was told something about parkView being included with some package I ordered on the Big Horn. I was not given details on what package is being referred to. I contacted RAM, and I was told the same thing, with the same lack of detail.

Here is my complete POC list
DS6H41 1500 QUAD SLT 4x4 (140 in WB 6 FT 4 IN box)
26Z Customer preferred package 26Z
EZH 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT engine
DFD 8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans (buy)
PX8 Black Clear Coat
APA Monotone Paint
*MJ Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
-X8 Black/Diesel Gray
RC3 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
RA4 Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/Access/NAV
NFX 32 Gallon Fuel Tank
NAS 50 State Emissions
DSA Anti-Spin Differential
XHC Trailer Brake Controller
DMH 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
XAA ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
AJB Remote Start and Security Group
WFJ 17x7.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
ADB Protection Group
SER Air Suspension System 4-Corner
ADA Luxury Group
RH1 Single Disk CD Player
YGE Sold Vehicle
20J Group Discount

See less See more
#3 ·
I did ask the dealer, the was told about it being in some group.

Reading online, I see that on "some" Dodge vehicles, the Parkview is included if you order the 8.4AN. Like you noticed, building the truck online, makes it look like it is a separate item.

#5 ·
I have the 8.4AN on my Sport and it does not have the Parkview camera. I also looked at a few Big Horns with the 8.4AN and not all of them had it either. So no, it is not a standard option on the Big Horn, nor is standard with the 8.4AN.

I would get on them about this and get them to point where on your build sheet it lists the parkview camera

#4 ·
Package XAA does not include the rearview camera, it is only the sensors. I would phone the dealer or Chrysler customer service and have them point out exactly where your rearview camera is listed on your build sheet. Don't wait until the truck is built, it's too difficult to add the camera later (just read the sticky in this forum about it). If it doesn't have a rearview camera, don't take possession of the truck.

#6 ·
I looked through the sticky, thinking worst case I would have to add it later, looks like a ton of work.

I only have the Priced Order Confirmation sheet, not the build sheet. I am going to call the dealer again.

#8 ·
Only parksense is listed in VOTS.
I am unable to contact my contact at the dealer right now either.

#10 ·
Good question, is it possible to get one without the other?
If you get parksense and not parkview, is parkview still such a assle to get indtalled?

#11 ·
When I ordered my '13 Big Horn QC earlier this month, I was told that if I wanted the ParkView rear backup camera, the ParkSense rear assist (and cost), would automatically be added to my build. Both show up in my VOT display. Which aggravatingly enough still showers "Production Scheduled" for the last 15 days.

#12 · (Edited)
I was able to get in touch with Chrysler/RAM, and learned, that my dealer has added parksense and not parkview. Asked CS to look at the build sheet for parts related to the parksense system, camera, etc. The answer was, there was none on the build sheet.
Attempting to get in touch with dealer now. Will likely take until tomorrow, as today is Memorial Day.

#14 · (Edited)
CS told me, that the dealer has to make the change.

Still no luck with contacting my salesman, however, after being persistent, I was able to get in touch with a sales manager. I told him, what I was told about the parkview coming with some package. My only guess, was that the salesman was referring to 26z, 8.4AN or the Big Horn packages, as I clearly remember being told that it was one of the $1k+ packages ordered. The sales manager even thought it was part of a package, until I told him about info on the build sheet.

I was told, that the dealership will be contacting Chrysler/RAM to see what can be done. I am aware of a few alternates, however, none of them are what I want. I want the integration with the 8.4AN, and the guidance rails that comes with ParkView.

What kind of resolution, do you think would be acceptable?

#15 · (Edited)
Ok, now I am being told that the ParkView system is on National backorder. The dealer, is willing to either try to order the camera for when the truck comes in, or pull one from a truck on the lot.

Does anyone have further information, on this National back order?

Is it 100% certain, that the ParkView system can be added to the 8.4AN after delivery? I see jeepguy is working on adding one. Going to have to ask him for more info on parts, steps, etc.

#17 ·
One more post, until I can send you a PM. Going to make that post in a second, then send it.

#20 ·
By the time that your 2013 Ram arrives, it will be July
If the dealership is not able to get the back up camera installed by the factory. Tell the dealer that you want it in writing that they owe you a Stock Back Up Camera, tailgate handle mounted, that displays on your radio screen
& not the mirror display screen
It is not your fault that the sales person didn't specify it

In the Ram 1500 Brochure, the last page
CPOS Package
Safety & Security

Parkview Rear Back-Up Camera
with dynamic grid lines
( grid lines not available with Uconnect 3.0 radio )
OPTIONAL in all models
except
Part of package in Laramie quad/crew & Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab

#21 ·
Well that explains the package confusion.

Is it really believed, that at a later date, a system that performs exactly like the factory installed system in the 8.4AN will become available to be installed?

Reading the how to add thread, it appears, that most of the needed wires, are not in existence under the truck. Makes me question its feasibility.

#22 · (Edited)
sooner or later, Chrysler will make a 2013 Ram Camera kit that will be available through the Parts Dept
just like they have the camera kits available for 2012 & earlier Rams right now
the kits will have the camera, harness & everything needed for a complete install
my 2009 kit also came with a installation CD

this is the kit for previous backup cameras
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-RAM-T...647&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=2&sd=171036750329&

#23 ·
I agree with the sooner or later part, but if I paid for the rearview camera, I would not accept sooner or later, I would want my camera in my truck the day I took possession.

I don't believe for a second that there is a shortage of these cameras, I just think your dealer messed up and didn't order it.

I would go into the dealership and tell them you want to cancel your order and you'll be going to a different dealership that can provide you with a truck that has a backup camera. Adding after the fact may or may not happen, as is indicated in that how to thread that is stickied. Personally I have little faith in those Ram techs, they are all morons who can't do anything except follow Chrysler's manuals. No way they are going to be able to install that camera unless Chrysler comes out with a how to manual and wiring harnesses, and so far, that doesn't exist.

If you really want that camera, cancel your order and go to a dealer that doesn't lie to you about what is in your truck and what isn't.

#24 ·
IF your Ram is still in the Paperwork stage, it can be added
Once it goes into the Production Scheduled stage, i don't think it can be changed

#25 ·
To be honest, I would cancel with the current dealer, if my wife did not already commit by doing the trade in with our current dealer.

Not sure, if it is possible to get our old car and deposit back. We ordered this truck, willing to wait the quoted 4-8 weeks for it to be built properly to our specs, and we will accept no less than exactly what we said we wanted at the time of delivery, which will have to be within a reasonable amout of time. Worst case delivery, as quoted by our dealer, was 10 weks. We will wait no longer than that.

Sadly, they have no other vehicles on their lot that meets our specific build requirements, and we were given only $500 + $1k incentive, off of our new truck for our trade in, which the deale already has possession of.

#26 · (Edited)
Wtf. Why do they already have your trade in vehicle? What are you driving while you wait? I traded also but I kept my trade in with the offered price locked in. I've never heard of the dealer taking the old car before you get the new one. What if they sell it before your new one comes in and you decide it's not what you want? Is this common practice? Was it a mandatory down payment type of deal or something?

Not trying to scare you or be an *******, I'm just very curious about this. A lot of people can't go without their car for 2+ months while waiting on a new one. Are you making payments on this ordered truck already?

#27 ·
Do not take delivery of a truck that is not exactly what you want, ask me how I know. You will hear about hassle, and longer wait time, they will "take care of it" later, etc, etc, but if the part is on national backorder now don't think that time frame will get any shorter.

If you just ordered it I would think they could change it, if not tell them you aren't signing the paperwork.

I am a fan of this truck so worth the wait but don't fall for dealership promises.

Just my $0.02

#28 · (Edited)
The dealer taking the trade in off of our hands, wasnot forced upon us by the dealer, but by living situation and lack of parking space. In our one driver --my wife-- family, we had two cars. We traded in ousecond car, and began working on expanding our driveway for the arrival of the RAM, while the space was free.

We thought, that our hardest challenge, would be the potentially long wait. We told the dealer exactly what we wanted, and we were told that the truck would arrive as requested. For my wife, the ParkView system alone is what really helped us make our decision. She felt confident with her ability to back the truck up using ParkView backup camera enhancements, such as the vehicle track showing on the display, as she turned the wheel. She did not feel as if she would be comfortable with backing up the truck, without that system guiding her.

I know the dealership has a Laramie CC on the lot, with most of the features we want on our truck except for the 3.92 rear, and the fact that we can not afford the added price for the configuration and other added options. We are not interested in spending more money than we are already committed to with this dealer. If they make things right, we might even be willing to deal with them again. It all depends on how they resolve this issue.

At this point, the last Chrysler/Ram CS agent was less than helpful. The short of it is, we were told we have to trust the dealer. Kind of a hard task at this point. We trusted them, right to the point where we are not getting what we wanted/specified while ordering, due to a lack of knowledge on their end.

On a call to Chrysler/RAM CS earlier today, I was told, that as long as I contact my dealer today or tomorrow, they can add the item.

#30 ·
On a call to Chrysler/RAM CS earlier today, I was told, that as long as I contact my dealer today or tomorrow, they can add the item.
I would go over the salesman's head and speak directly with the person that orders the vehicles for the dealership (which may or may not be the sales manager). Tell him of the problem and see that he actually makes the correct changes.

If the truck comes in without the camera, I certainly would not take it until a factory camera was installed and operating properly. No "we will have to order the parts" crap. Too many stories of people taking the truck and then not getting what they were promised.

mids said:
Sadly, they have no other vehicles on their lot that meets our specific build requirements, and we were given only $500 + $1k incentive, off of our new truck for our trade in, which the deale already has possession of.
The incentives should be a lot higher than that????

#29 ·
I changed from bench to bucket seats about a week after I ordered my 2013 Big Horn. It did push my truck build date back a little bit, but at least I got what I really wanted. Not sure where you are in the production status for your truck, but I'd call the dealership this morning and demand to get the rear camera factory installed the way you originally ordered. I can't blame your wife for wanting this feature. It sure helps when backing up such a large vehicle. Good luck. :smiley_thumbs_up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.