DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ram conjuring up a Surfer Ram truck with a shower and cargo box seating

3K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  will36 
#1 ·
See less See more
#13 ·
Ya, I agree, at my age the only surfing I do is on the internet, but Ya I like that tail gate, maybe they will sell the unit you just screw into your tailgate as an option.
That would be one nice mod.....I would be in for that....I also agree with the colour matching tow hooks....They look sweet.....
So that makes 4 of us that would be in for that tailgate chair setup.

Chrysler may have tripped over a new mod, and don't even know it yet?

I wonder how long it will be before others are making an after market seat now?

#14 ·
So that makes 4 of us that would be in for that tailgate chair setup.

Chrysler may have tripped over a new mod, and don't even know it yet?

I wonder how long it will be before others are making an after market seat now?
Wow! That's a cool mod/add-on! It even has cup holders.. lol! How cool would these be down by the lake fishin'? Or watching fireworks? Or a tailgate party.. so many opportunities for these to be useful! In addition to the seats... I am loving the cargo management ability here as well!

I was so engrossed with the tow hooks, I swear I never noticed this 'til now! LOL! Count me in. I want this too. Make that five! I'm with you.. wonder how soon it will be until we see these available from the after market vendors. Hopefully, not too long! :D

#28 ·
Wow! That's a cool mod/add-on! It even has cup holders.. lol! How cool would these be down by the lake fishin'? Or watching fireworks? Or a tailgate party.. so many opportunities for these to be useful! In addition to the seats... I am loving the cargo management ability here as well!

I was so engrossed with the tow hooks, I swear I never noticed this 'til now! LOL! Count me in. I want this too. Make that five! I'm with you.. wonder how soon it will be until we see these available from the after market vendors. Hopefully, not too long! :D
LOL......you make me laugh with the tow hooks! :)

my only concern... is how they would hold up for people who ACTUALLY use their truck. dont think i would feel to comfortable putting 1200lbs of lumber on top of them.
I agree with you and all the added weight on top of the seat may not be the best for it.

I suppose it would make sense if you could slide it on and off as needed, but I suspect that since this is for surfer dude mode that this isn't going to be used for heavy loads anyway.

#16 ·
my only concern... is how they would hold up for people who ACTUALLY use their truck. dont think i would feel to comfortable putting 1200lbs of lumber on top of them.

#17 ·
It looks like they are mounted on the gate.. would just fold up against the tailgate. Would lose maybe 4" of bed space from the space they take up when the gate is closed.

Anyway, if this isn't how they work, it should be. Makes sense to me and I wouldn't mind losing a few inches for a cool and practical mod. ;)

#19 ·
not sure how much leaning back i'd wanna do either, hinge points don't look overly strong

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.