DODGE RAM FORUM banner

another one to the DARkSiDE

6K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  RamTex 
#1 ·
I finally got around to painting my oem 20s, just wanna thank everyone who has posted all the tips and pics I found on this section

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
thanks man, yes I used 400 wet/dry sandpaper to get the chrome dulled up. Wax and tar remover before/after sanding. Typically when Ive painted chrome I use self etching primer, lays down well on chrome, but since this is plastic.. I used plastic primer which Ive never used before. No I didnt clearcoat it, denim black is what I was going for, clearcoating it wouldve made it look like a poor job on painting it gloss black.

#7 ·
Those look really good man! Congrats

#9 ·
me personally i hate black wheels it ruins the look of the truck for me but if you like it thats all that matters

#13 · (Edited)
Im a plasterer sub. and I was worried about the drop would cripple my capability off hauling 1500lbs of plaster/stucco materials on the back. Bro I do it all week long. Its on the bumpstop by 1000lb, but I just take her easy when Im at 1500lb-1700lbs. I cant let that stop me from bringing home the bacon. Im looking into some firestone bags etc. If youre looking into it for aesthetics only? By all means..get her done!
MC 2/4 kit...race sunday/work monday:smiley_thumbs_up:

Attachments

#20 ·
Painting em is a pain i know... Ive painted mine twice now.... Looks sick man job well done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.