DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tire size question(Yes another one)

11K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  bones06 
#1 ·
I just did the Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks and a now trying to decide on my tires:4-dontknow:. I was dead set on the Cooper Zeon LTZ in the stock 275/60/20 on my stock rims. My neighbor thinks I should go with the Coopers in 305/50/20 with 2 inch spacers to push the wheels out some more so they look right with the flares I installed last fall. I want your guys/gals opinions on what a good combination would be. I can get a decent discount through Belle tire but they only list the stock size in their inventory. Do you think the stock 275 size would look ok if I used the 2 inch spacers with them? I'm open to all suggestions, but want to stay under $1000.00 installed. If you can, show me pics of your trucks with what you have and tell me their size...Thanks again

#2 ·
Personally, I would never buy the 305/50's. I just can't justify lifting your truck then installing shorter tires. 1/2" wheel spacers are about the max you should ever install. You could look at some 285's or 295's, that's just the look I like.

These are 285/65/20's on leveled Rams:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.php?p=442323&postcount=4

These are the 295/65/20's on a leveled Ram (not mine):

#7 ·
I totally agree, I don't want my truck shorter that would defeat part of what I just did. Thanks for the pics I love those Duratracs on the blue truck. Too bad they are over $300 a piece

#6 ·
After alot of reading I'm thinking of staying away from the 305's due to lower mileage, increased wear on suspension parts, and hydroplaning in rain. I am still trying to decide on a final brand and style, I was set on the coopers but not sure if they will look aggressive enough for me. I kind of have to stay with belle tire due to me getting a discount through them. But If I find something close in price elsewhere and looks better than that is an option. I Hardly ever get off road, but want the aggressive look, with a well mannered tire too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.