DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What do you think of these tires???

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  crram1500 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I am going to be getting new tires next week, but I want to order them tomorrow to get them then. Has anyone heard anything about the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ? I am going to be getting the 35/13.5/20 tires to go with my trucks look.

I have been reading reviews and they seem to be pretty damn good from the sounds of it. I dont want to go with a mud tire since I never go off roading and they wear faster than AT tires. I have not once been off roading with my truck haha. I just want to get some bigger tires and I think these are it. I was going to get the same tires I have but bigger but I think these look pretty cool.

Here is the link to the site to see what they look like : http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php?item=BajaATZRadial Tell me what you think of these and also if you have heard anything about them! Thanks in advance!!

I am hoping that with the 13.5 width they fit haha. Mine right now are about 12 (305) and I have a little room left. I may have some rubbing at full lock in the front but it is worth it since I will have some bigger tires haha.

#2 ·
If you're a member of Costco check out the Michillin X-radial LTs. I've always had good luck with them and they look great in my opinion.

With the Mickey Thompson's you're paying extra for the name.

#6 ·
Wow I am actually surprised that you guys are saying they are bad. I am kinda pissed haha. I was going to order them on Monday, I guess I will have to hold off.

I was reading reviews on those tires and they were all good. DAMN!!

So what do you guys think is a good A/T tire???? I dont want to go with a mud tire since I never do that and I will just burn them off.

#13 ·
I think I am going to go with them. I really like the way that the tread desin is on these. I have been doing some reading on these and I like what I have heard.

I am going with these over Toyo and Nitto because my shop can get me deals 0on most companies but Nitto is American and they just dont have a relationship with Toyo. I was going to get the Toyo AT but o well haha.

I should get these bad boys in on Wednsday and have them on sometime by the end of the week. I will let you guys know how they are!

Thanks for all the input everyone!!

#14 ·
I'm getting some MT ATZ's in a few weeks also in 35x12.50. I'm not sure why there are some bad reviews here because they are supposed to be great from everyone I've talked to. The price is pretty comparable to other good tire brands too. I'd say go for it!

#15 ·
Ya I agree man. Every other site I have seen says these MT ATZs are the best ones they have came out with. I have heard great things so I am going for it.

I'll PM you the results if you would like. Ill post a thread but Ill also send you a message, just cause your on my side hahha

#18 ·
I have been looking at reviews for the past hour and I do see that they do make some road noise. They say it is not as loud as a M/T can be but it is a small hum. The one review said that it was bearable, you can talk on the phone and listen to music without being bothered. If it is like that I am not worried at all, my exhaust will just drown out that small hum haha.

The way those tires look I do not really care haha. I have been dying to get a little bigger tire and I am taking the leap. With the fender flares on now the tires I have are looking smaller.

Thanks everyone! I will post pics when I get them on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.