DODGE RAM FORUM banner

strange interior defect... anyone seen anything like this?

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  thebluegoat 
#1 ·

noticed this a few weeks ago.. its the grey unfinished area next to the upper glove box.. anyone else have anything like this? i doubt there is a fix since its the dashboard not the upper glove box cover.. pretty disappointed that RAM missed this during final inspection. what would you guys do?

See less See more
#4 ·
Is it definitely in the plastic? Looking at the picture, it almost appears to be on the edge of the glove box lid also; like a grease smudge. I had a few white grease smudges on the upholstery, most likely during assembly, that I removed with a small amount of Afta. I would try some Awesome and use a soft toothbrush to see if it will come out. If it is in fact in the plastic, the upper dash pad will have to be removed and replaced.

#5 ·
Have you inspected it?

noticed this a few weeks ago.. its the grey unfinished area next to the upper glove box.. anyone else have anything like this? i doubt there is a fix since its the dashboard not the upper glove box cover.. pretty disappointed that RAM missed this during final inspection. what would you guys do?
Is it grease as one person suggested? Did you try to fix it yourself? Rub it buff it.
Go to a car detail (auto body) shop and see if they suggest anything?

#7 ·
I would take it to the dealer and suggest that fix to them and let them do it, if you do it yourself they may deduct that you did and not cover it. if you suggest that after they agree to replace it, that you will try that heating method first and if that don't work, then they replace it.

#9 ·
Most interior plastic is painted these days, even if the plastic is black through and through it still gets painted. I worked at a door panel, instrument panel supplier and thats what I've seen. If they wont cover it I'd just get a can that matches, most dealers would have the ability to order it I would assume and just give it a quick shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.