DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Replacing rubber

2K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
Hey all. I am in need of replacing the rubber on my truck. I have factory 17's that I honestly love. The last set of tires I bought for any vehicle was for my wife's jeep and they are so aggressive I can't stand to drive them on the interstate. Any ideas for some decent tires without busting the budget? I also need a spare wheel if anyone has a clue as to where I could get my hands on one of those cheap. I found a factory matching rim on ebay for a little over a hundred bucks but I am a little hesitant about buying rims on ebay. Thanks!

#4 ·
Check out nitto crosstek, a nice "aggressive" highway tread. They come in a 265 70 17 and I don't believe they are too expensive. They make different load ratings too, you could probably get away with suv, or may want to go with light truck, but doubt you'd want the heavy duty ones.

#5 ·
Check out nitto crosstek, a nice "aggressive" highway tread. They come in a 265 70 17 and I don't believe they are too expensive. They make different load ratings too, you could probably get away with suv, or may want to go with light truck, but doubt you'd want the heavy duty ones.

Are these tires loud driving down the highway? I have always been told that an aggressive tire produces a lot of sound at higher speeds. My wife has some all terrain tires (Destination LE I think) and I definitely don't want all the sound that comes with those tires. Thanks!

#6 ·
No not loud at all, my friend has them on his tacoma. They are a highway tread, so they are not really aggresive. I just meant that they are somewhat aggressive for a highway tread tire. They are what I will be getting when I need tires again. I currently have cooper zeon ltz's, a pretty aggressive all terrain, and even they don't make any noise on the highway. I love them but want to switch to a lighter tire to help pick up a couple hp and mpg hopefully. I just don't ever go off road so I'm going to switch to an on road tire.

#10 ·
Those are good tires, but like you said are AT. They will likely be heavier, and possibly somewhat louder, however I've heard they hardly make any noise at all. There's another tire I like by cooper, called the discover H/T plus, another highway tread but slightly aggressive.

#12 ·
Yeah I like the coopers I have now. Also had a lot of good luck with the firestone's I used to run on my s10 (got over 70,000 miles out of them and sold the truck and they still had a lot of tread). If you look, keep in mind there are discoverer H/T and discoverer H/T plus, they are different tires.

#14 ·
I'm not sure what the h/t-s stands for, but the yokohama geloandar is a great tire and good looking tire as well. I almost bought them. I was looking at those, the nitto's, and the cooper's, and went with the cooper's because they say "made in USA".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.