DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Asur 
#1 ·
Poweraid Throttle Body Spacers.... Ever heard of em?

I didn't really believe the hype.. But I eventually decided to "waste" 89 bucks and order one.

When I first got my truck, the city and highway gas mileage was somewhere around 13/18.

First thing I did before the throttle body spacer was put in a cheap drop in K&N filter. That brought my highway up to around 19.5 on my EVIC display.

When my throttle body spacer finally came in, I was much surprised to see about 15/22. Twenty two miles per gallon highway, not bad for a 5.7 liter in my opinion. Doesn't seem like much, but for a 26 gallon fuel tank, that's a potential of another 208 miles (from my original highway mpg).

Anyways, I realize some people think they are a joke, and some people swear by them. I'm in no way a sales rep for Poweraid. I just felt it wouldn't hurt to share my personal experience with it.

#4 ·
I installed a PowerAid throttle body spacer on my 4.7L Dakota. Didn't see any gains... Looked cool though...

#6 · (Edited)
You will not see any gains with a throttle body spacer on a fuel injected engine or any horse power gains. From a common sense perspective (and common sense is not so common these days), if it were really that easy to add significant amounts of horsepower or fuel mileage gains, then these spacers would be stock equipment from the factory. Any Manufacture would add these for the amount of a few dollars for a piece of plastic installed between the throttle body and the intake if it would give them that competitive edge over the another manufacture. In older (long time ago) fuel injectioncarburetor models where fuel was sprayed directly at the throttle body and then mixed with the air immediately before being routed to the cylinders, it might have made some difference (not a whole hell of allot) but in today's injected engines were fuel is injected into the cylinder the chances that air getting to the cylinder would still be feeling the effects of a vortex by the time it got through the intake would not be seen. All these are good for is the fun of doing the install or the weight it can have holding down the instruction papers prior to its installation.

I love this quote from Richard Rowe "Once used by Aragorn, later King Elessar Telcontar, to defeat the forces of Sauron, throttle body spacers have been independently proven to create tornadoes in your engine, turn lead into gold, raise unicorns from the dead. Actually, they just add a bit of volume to an intake manifold's central plenum, but don't tell that to some of the people who market them for use on modern fuel-injected engines."

#5 ·
i still don't understand how a throttle body spacer would help anything except a carbureted engine
The fuel injectors make the gas droplets into a fine mist, & raising the throttle body doesn't make the mist any finer or put more pressure or volume into the cylinders
:4-dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.