DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Laramie Wheels on Big Horn

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rango88 
#1 ·
I washed my rims for the the first time since I took delivery and noticed my rims have some wear, they aren't horrible but I take pride in the presentation of this truck so I will be replacing them down the road. I hear my rims

Are just Wheel covers and are interchangeable and I hear the Laramie are wheel covers as well. My question is can I change them with the laramie wheel covers without any modification?

Laramie Rims

See less See more
#2 ·
Unfortunately, it's not that easy, although they are just covers, you have 5 spoke rims, the laramie 's are 6 spoke, its still a full rim under the covers.:smiledown:

#5 ·
As good as the Laramie rims look. I'd find something similar that is aftermarket, save about $2K, and not have plastic covered rims.

That's just my take. I plan on eventually replacing the "chrome clad" rims that I have on my Sport. After 3 yrs of owning this truck, and another few years owning my '08 I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that they glued plastic covers over the wheels and gave them a fancy name.

Exco

#9 ·
As good as the Laramie rims look. I'd find something similar that is aftermarket, save about $2K, and not have plastic covered rims.

That's just my take. I plan on eventually replacing the "chrome clad" rims that I have on my Sport. After 3 yrs of owning this truck, and another few years owning my '08 I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that they glued plastic covers over the wheels and gave them a fancy name.

Exco
I found some aftermarket chrome rims that are similar in appearance to the laramie and might go that route instead.

#6 ·
As low quality as they sound, the chrome clad plastic wheels actually hold up pretty good in general and are a lot easier to maintain than real chrome or polished aluminum. The majority of owners probably appreciate that ease of care and they certainly look better than steel rims and hub caps.

#7 ·
Heak ill trade ya my Laramie wheel for the sport wheels you have. I like your wheels better.

#8 ·
Heak ill trade ya my Laramie wheel for the sport wheels you have. I like your wheels better.
I appreciate the interest but I'd hate to to trade my rims as they aren't in good shape. they have lots of visible scratches and some pieces of the chrome have flaked off. I will prob end up buying aftermarket rims and using the OEMs as my winter rims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.