DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Any Known Issues for 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  huntergreen 
#1 ·
Good morning forum crew. I have a quick question for the experts here. I have a buddy that is willing to part with is 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie (fully loaded) 2 wheel drive truck for just what he owes on it. He recently moved to the mountains and wants to buy a Jeep. The truck has 21k miles and has never been wrecked. He also is very good about maintaining his vehicles.

I have seen an article in Consumer Reports (wish I could find that article again) that said to avoid the 2011 Ram for some reason. Is there and issue with the 2011 that the 2009, 2010, and 2012 don't have? I saw some threads on random transmission and electrical issues but these don't seem to be consistent but maybe I'm wrong.

Any advice here is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
ive never heard anything commonly bad with them. Of course everyone here and there has an issue with every year. But nothing standard across the board.

There was a pinion recall for 2009/2010 and maybe some 2011? I think... but simple fix if your truck even falls into that category. The reason it COULD be serious is because your drive shaft would fall off. But...i haven't heard of that in a long while since the recall came out.

Anyways, sounds like a good deal, low mileage. I'd hop all over it!

#3 ·
Sounds just like the 11 Laramie I bought. I bought mine with 23,600 miles in Feb 12 and now have about 43k on it. I have had good luck with mine (knock on wood). I did have my torque converter replaced under warranty which is an issue that was had with multiple models. Seems ok now. Overall I love my truck. I say go for it if the price is right. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.