DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cap or tonneau cover ?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Copperhead 
#1 ·
I am thinking of buying either a cap or tonneau cover for megacab. Anyone have a favorite or recommendations? I had a Leer cap on my dakota but have heard nothing but negative reviews from friends and dealers in past two years about them. If a cover, it has to retract. I have to carry my boys (dogs) with me). Any help appreciated.

#2 ·
kids ... you need a megacab,,, got it :smiley_thumbs_up:

dogs... you need a topper... get it :smiley_thumbs_up:

have both kids and dogs ... get both.. dogs in the back ...

thats my preferance is a topper.. mine is finally in at trick-up-trucks.
by A.R.E. matching paint with a liner.

i dont kno if yur mega is a lifted 4x4 ,witch i think is better with a topper

if yur 2x4 low to ground then i say a tanou cover. :smiley_thumbs_up:

i have dogs and they will only ride in the back,,, :i_rolleyes:
thats my story

#4 ·
Dog,

My mega is standard height. I have seen nice ARE on friends trucks and I like the quality. When you get your cap on, please post pics. Love to see finished result.
will do bro ..

going out Christmas day to fallen, nv. spend the night , get up Fri am, eat and go pick it up,, i canardly wait.. oh yeah my kids are with me as well .. gotta Love'em too..

and the pics will go up asap

#7 ·
The Leers are made about 20 minutes from where I live.. and ya, I wouldn't buy one either. I have only heard bad things about them. The ARE seem to be a nice setup, but my pops has a hard fiberglass tonneau on his 02 and would prefer something different. My uncle and my brother both bought the EXTANG cover. These are very nice tonneaus in my opinion. My brothers is a Extang Solid tri-fold, where-as my uncles is the Extang Soft tri-fold... obviously there is about a double in price difference between the two, but yeah, both are extremely happy with the quality and looks of these tonneaus. I should also mention, I am picking up a used soft tri-fold tomorrow for my newly acquired 05 Ram. Check out there site.. extang.com Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.