DODGE RAM FORUM banner

vararam? yes or no

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Grubrunner 
#1 ·
i'm really thinking about buying the vararam air grabber. but i wanna know if i will gain any power or lose power. if i will gain or lose mpg. i'm not buying it for fuel mileage. but there website says 1 to 2 mpg gail and like 15 percent hp gain. if somebody can tell me there setup and the power/ mpg. i have the drop in k and n now. with the muffler delete. and i get like 18 to 20 on the highway.

#22 ·
With our Performance Guarantee you can put the unit on and if you are not satisfied with the performance in the first 30 days we will take it back and pay the shipping both ways!!! You are only at risk for the time to install the unit!!! Give it a try - you will be happy!!!
Steve
Vararam
That's a great piece-of-mind to the consumer and kudos to Vararam for offering it.

:smileup:

#3 ·
I think the HP percentage gain is pretty optimistic but I have one installed and I'm happy with it. I couldn't tell you if it gave any noticeable power but it felt like it did when I installed it. It is an attention getter though. When I pop the hood everyone wants to talk about it.

#5 ·
Did anybody see any mileage increase or drop? And where is the best place to get one as I have looked everywhere and can't find them.

#9 ·
I was looking at the Vararam website, and they do cost a pretty penny, but they're not that much more expensive than a decent CAI.

Perhaps Steve above can work out some sort of deal for you. Hell Clark from AA does it all the time for members :D

Exco

#11 ·
I've got a vararam on mine and absolutely love it. Compared to volant it actually performs like its supposed to. Intake air temperature lowers significantly, and there is very little restriction compared to volant. Not sure what the actual dyno numbers are but I dyno'd at 362 rwhp and 372 rwfpt on a mustang dyno. But it my opinion it was money well spent.

#21 ·
Interesting comments regarding how the Vararam performs like its suppose to in comparison to the Volant.

A few questions if I may...

What are the "restrictions" you speak of in regards to the Volant? Does Volant claim to reduce air intake temperature but actually does not? How exactly does Vararam lower the intake's air temperature? Finally, have you switched over from Volant AND dynoed the two to accurately claim one performs better than the other?

I'm just curious.....

#16 ·
Seems like a great Intake system. I ordered mine a couple days ago. I had been doing some research on them and it seems to be one of the best. I had an AirAid sytem on my 05 ram and loved the throatie sound it had, don't know exactly how much it helped as far as power and whatever?? Im not too concerned with gas mileage or I wouldnt have a full size truck let alone a Ram. As a matter of fact,,, my Hemi burns all the gas that those annoying Hybrids save...lol
Anyway, look forward to having the Vararam installed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.