DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Blower Fan Speed Varies

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  panhead 
#1 ·
I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 and the blower fan seems to vary in speed for no reason. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or they have any insight as to what it may be.

Thanks

#4 · (Edited)
I second what Ramfan said. Look under the dash on the passenger's floorboard. Just to the left (DS) of the fan there's a 4 prong plug(light blue with a yellow tracer, tan w/black tracer etc...). The plugs go bad, and plugs directly into the resistor which is held in by two 7mm screws (I think).

If someones been kickin' the plug it doesn't help. I've seen 'em go bad and give a bad contact= irregular current = does what it wants.

#5 ·
I second what Ramfan said. Look under the dash on the passenger's floorboard. Just to the left (DS) of the fan there's a 4 prong plug(light blue with a yellow tracer, tan w/black tracer etc...). The plugs go bad, and plugs directly into the resistor which is held in by two 7mm screws (I think).

If someones been kickin' the plug it doesn't help. I've seen 'em go bad and give a bad contact= irregular current = does what it wants.

^What he said...^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.