Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Make it two solid lines.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other Suggestion (please specify)

Votes: 4 11.4%

Yay or nay on the stripe?

5K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  spoiler 
#1 ·
Here's a stripe I added to my fender the other day. I was just bored and figured why not. Now, its obviously only temporary, but, i'm just looking for options for after the truck is painted. (which is happening probably within this next month)

Now, I personally like it, but, no one else seems to...so...voice your opinions...lol I would probably make it solid between each set of pinstripes (like the old race cars were), but, what do you guys think?

See less See more
#4 ·
I vote :att: 'Nay'. As drawn, or solid filled. But keep trying new ideas. All great paint/stripping jobs started somewhere.

#5 ·
Unfortunately man, I have to say no as well. Perhaps if you found a way to go horizontally with it, down the side of the truck, I'd say maybe, if it were thin stripes, but still, that'd be a little much, takes away from the SS/T striping. Those almost look like when you pop the hood, you're expecting to see stripes across the engine bay. Great try on the creativity, though, and to kind of echo brad's sentiment, all good ideas do originate somewhere! :)

- Cajun

#8 ·
bah humbug...lol Guess I'll have to brew something else up.
I'm just trying to incorporate red into the truck somewhere, and the side seems like it needs something.
Well...anyone got any ideas?

And, wermbang, I was kinda going for the Gran Sport/60s racecar style stripe, and its just on the fender...but, i don't know.

Anyone with photoshop want to add a cool one? :p

#9 ·
If you want to put a little red in try placeing red SS/T on the white stripe and replace the white ram 1500 V8 on the door with red. Maybe even a red SS/T on the back fender like the Sport modles. your hood Ram badge has red in it, it may tie in nice.
Just a thought.

#10 ·
:thk:I think i know were your coming from with this.............If you go up to the hood stripes and incorp. some red on them(hood) and blend it in i think it would look great and orig.:smileup:

#11 ·
I can see some potential here. Maybe try to make it look like the R/T stripe on the challenger. Not as thick as what you have there. Maybe put them on a slighter slant than they are now. Just a thought since you like the stripe.

Really man it is your truck, do what you like!!!!

#13 ·
hmm...I replied to this earlier but it disappeared...weird...lol

But, what I was saying earlier was...

I'm kinda trying to mimic the Gran Sport/early 60s racecar fender stripes. They were supposedly to let the pit crews know what car was theres in the midst of similar colored cars.

I think someone with photoshop should put them on the hood for me how they're talking though...I am having trouble visualizing that...haha.

But....this is what I'm attempting to mimic:

#16 ·
lol...but it looks naked. :p

I was even thinking a 360 Magnum sticker done up like the old 383 Magnum/440 Magnum... emblems, and putting it on the side somewhere.

A small one...not much. But, I think it'd look cool since the numbers are silver and the letters of magnum are red. :p

#18 ·
Depends...

If your loosing the ss/t stripes and going for this look then yes. With the ss/t stripes no.

Personally I would do the ss/t stripes and badging in red since the truck is black it will look great!

#19 ·
I am gonna go against all the bah-humbuggers, and say I kinda like it, but here is a thought to bring it all together. What if you pinstripe outline the SS/T stripes with thin red ones, and then use the same for the fender stripes, or maybe solid red would work then too. Again, photoshop would help tons, but I see some potential here.

#22 ·
Hmm, paint party at Sono,s place? That could be dangerous, LOL. But I have to say no as it makes the front to busy and leaves the sides looking even more bare. Have you thought about a red bullet line shooting down the sides and fading out to the rear? Or some decent pin-striping? Shaun

#24 ·
i had did that on my cobra but removed them.. i thought it was too much but i also have side stripes at the bottom of my doors. so maybe you're good.

had em on the ram too. but i was gonna redo them in white plastidip to test it out again. walmart sells black,white,clear gloss plastidip now. i use to have to goto home depot.

#27 ·
No on the stripe but YES! to the truck!!! That is some old school cool. Love that generation and wish I still had my 98.
You already have all the nice lines that truck will ever need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.