DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Non-Ethanol fuel

9K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  cjgerson 
#1 ·
A gas station near me offer none ethanol gas. I thought about running a tank every now and then. Not sure how much it is per gallon. What it benefit me to do that?

#2 ·
There are a few gas stations in my area that have non ethanol gas and that's all I run if I can help it, I get better gas mileage with non ethanol gas and its same price as normal gas in my area

#6 ·
Most Philips 66 Stations offer ethanol free in my area. Usual 87 and 91 Octane. I use gas buddy app and more times than not its very close to the same price as the 10% corn gas

#7 ·
I get better gas mileage with it too. And use it often, but its usually 10-20 cents more a gallon. And 89 is 15 a gallon more than 87 so its pretty costy around here. But when prices change sometimes they're about the same and I'll get it for awhile. Theyre slow on price changes. Lol

#17 ·
I always put ethanol free gas in my truck. There are still quite a few gas stations in my area that sell ethanol free 87 octane. Of course, the 89 octane gas is the ethanol blend (10%).

#19 ·
If it's the same price then run it for better MPG's. Everything will run on E10. Here is where the problem sets in:

When Vented fuel systems come into play. if left sitting the ethanol will separate from the Gasoline, sitting at the bottom of the tank where the pick ups sit. This will eat your fuel lines. It's called animation.

In automotive applications you don't have to worry about this, It becomes a huge deal in vented tanks in marine applications.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.